Port City IR

I really like it, nice job man. What is the position of the mic?

It's a blend of four positions: middle of the speaker, edge of the cone, halfway between these two, and the port. The port is what gives it that punchy low end.

And it's the horizontal version of the Wave OS, not the vertical.

It's a blend of four positions: middle of the speaker, edge of the cone, halfway between these two, and the port. The port is what gives it that punchy low end.

And it's the horizontal version of the Wave OS, not the vertical.

Thank you very much! I actually like this IR so much, I just went through and redid most my patches with it. I see why Tosin Abasi uses Port cabs, very articulate and defined.

Thank you very much! I actually like this IR so much, I just went through and redid most my patches with it. I see why Tosin Abasi uses Port cabs, very articulate and defined.

My pleasure - I'm happy to give back to this community in any way I can, having gotten so much out of it myself!

If there is sufficient interest, I would be happy to post the constituent IRs I used to make this mix so folks could make their own blend to suit their tastes.

Sorry, I got distracted by the arrival of my second child shortly after originally posting this and promising to upload the constituent IRs in the mix posted in the first place. Ten months later... here they are!

Also, I should point out that I mistakenly said the cabinet was loaded with WGS Veteran 30s - in fact they are WGS Retro 30s.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Center.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Edge.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Middle.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Port2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 40
It seems *.zip files are allowed by the forum, so I've attached a zip file containing the *.ir files.

I don't usually used this archive file format, so do let me know if I've screwed something up...

Attachments

• PCirs.zip
    129.2 KB · Views: 40
It seems *.zip files are allowed by the forum, so I've attached a zip file containing the *.ir files.

I don't usually used this archive file format, so do let me know if I've screwed something up...

Worked great thanks. I THINK cablab will read non-ultrares IRs (as there was no alternative file format at that time), but now they have introduced the stupid *.ir format as some sort of copy protection its a real pain in the arse.

Back
Top Bottom