Porcupine Tree - New album & Tour

DC show?? :)

Not anywhere near close enough for me this time. I expect tickets won't last long.
Yeah, I just looked up the venue, but there's different times when tix go on sale, starting tomorrow. (But you have to be "special.")

Yep, seems like Colin Edwin is out. Not sure if they’ll get Nick Beggs or someone else to fill the role.
There's another thread on this album from a few months back and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed there that Nick Beggs is onboard for the tour.

The first track was released some time back and iTunes notified me a new track is now available for my pre-order.

Some of the venues are doing a health check - at the Dallas show you have to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test. I'm still debating whether I'm going to wear a mask despite having my two shots and a booster. I'll see what the landscape looks like in September.

I'm still a little surprised after all the 'I'm over / bored with the state of rock music.' statements I've seen Wilson make over the years that he's doing anything Porcupine Tree related. Not complaining, just didn't think he'd get back to that point.

That wasn't a dig on The Future Bites, I actually like that album and all of SW's solo work, but I'll be glad to hear some heavier music if that's what we're going to get. My opinion is that if PT stayed together, they would have evolved like his solo work and probably sounded pretty similar. SW had made a comment about the first track "Harridan" being an obvious PT song, but to my ears it could have easily been one of his solo albums. I am very happy we're getting Gavin and Richard back playing this music, though.

Harridan is a great, great song. I'll probably see them in DC. Sucks that they won't comment on why Colin Edwin is out. Wilson still seems flippant about basically everything but whatever. Such a great, great band...even if Steven Wilson loves the smell of his own farts.

Harridan is a great, great song. I'll probably see them in DC. Sucks that they won't comment on why Colin Edwin is out. Wilson still seems flippant about basically everything but whatever. Such a great, great band...even if Steven Wilson loves the smell of his own farts.
Well, in his defense they’re multi-channel farts.

Back
Top Bottom