Bug? Pops in cab preamp section FW 19-B3

Dayhawk

Running an Axe fx MKI 19B3

Noticing pops when scrolling thru the PREAMP TYPE and SAT parameters within the CAB block. CPU is just below 80%. I have included a preset also.

This could be user error but I thought it might be worth the post.
Thanks for your time guys.

View attachment CleanDirt 1.syx

*update* Does not happen when USB is disconnected.

Last edited:
Noticing pops when scrolling thru the PREAMP TYPE and SAT parameters within the CAB block

i thought this was typical behavior, per cliff in the thread when preamps were added in fw17? i'll try to find the quote.

i thought this was typical behavior, per cliff in the thread when preamps were added in fw17? i'll try to find the quote.

Yes, I believe I saw this before too. I don't see what the big deal is if there's pops while scrolling through the preamp choices. IMO, it should be that way as your switching from one sound modifier to another. If it was seamless it would take the mojo out :lol

Likely CPU load related then. If you drop it down to just an AMP and CAB block, does it still pop even when USB is connected?

Thanks for all the responses guys,

I dropped the preset down to just AMP and CAB which gave me about 30% CPU usage with the USB connected. Now, just scrolling back and forth with just the CAB block SAT parameter (NOT the PREAMP parameter) I still get this popping noise. Its actually enough of a noise to make the output 1 clip at times.

Performance wise, it doesn't really hinder anything but with a speaker system connected it might make for some loud unwanted noise.

Some settings pop or make noise when changing them. The theory is you won't change these settings during a performance, only while editing. You can momentarily stop playing the guitar and mute the strings while changing things to stop the popping.

Back
Top Bottom