Popping and clip whenever i initialize my axe as a soundcard over USB

jsl2h

Inspired
The first time I use my axe fx as a soundcard over usb ie playing music on youtube through my RCF monitors, I always get this quick popping sound and the clip light comes on. The whole thing lasts less than a second but I know it's terrible for my speakers and the only way to stop it is to make sure my axe fx output is on 0, which let's face it no one can remember to do that 100% of the time. It just happened when I initialized my DAW (Reaper). Simply by opening the program I get this popping and clipping thing and I know it can't be good for my speakers. Is there any way around this other than always turning my output to 0 before I use my axe over USB?

Last edited:
I installed the beta drivers and don't have this problem since. I think they are linked on the news forum.

Dude seriously, THANK YOU. It finally went away, next time I will very thoroughly read the "readme" file before installing a new driver. This has been going on for like a year lol, i'm so happy i don't have to worry about messing up my monitors anymore. Oh and also my axe-edit would freeze every 30 seconds and I just thought i was gonna have to deal with that forever, not any more!

Sorry to have to double post but looks like I spoke too soon. It seemed to be ok the last few days but everything stopped working so i did a clean reinstall and the popping thing is back the first time I open my DAW or try to play any type of sound. Surely there has to be a way around this. I'm running the beta driver on a windows 8 toshiba satellite laptop. Could it be my USB cable?

I believe the correct drivers are here. M@ helped out with my USB recording issue that was having pops and skips by using the correct driver. He said the current driver is not a beta driver. Make sure to uninstall all the items it says to uninstall and do a fresh install of the new drivers.

Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Thats the one I'm currently running, my bad I thought it was still in beta. I went directly to the website yesterday and downloaded and clean installed everything and then when I opened reaper just now i got a clip/pop sound from my monitors. The 3 files that are present on my system right now are:
1. FAS USB Driver 2.23.0
2. FAS USB Driver Package 2014.06.06
3. windows driver package (axefx2load) USB 5/15/2011 1.0.0.9

Back
Top Bottom