Pop noise switching scenes

Docsoul

Maybe someone could help me. I'm trying to get the volumes of my scenes equally but the switch from my high gain to my clean preset always does a loud pop noise. I read a lot about this problem here in the forum but couldn't get it fixed. Maybe someone could take a look into my preset and help me fix this problem. Preset alt backup is the one I used before but there is always big gap while switching scene 1 to 4 but without the pop noise. Test is the new one which I want to use now. It's without the gap but with the loud pop noise.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• M.I.GOD. Test.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 3
  • M.I.GOD. alt backup.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I can't look at the attachments because I'm not currently at home, but can you clarify a few things:

Are you switching between presets or scenes?
If you're using 1 preset for both sounds, on the amp block, what amps are you using for X/Y?

The best way to cut down on popping between scenes (especially when doing X/Y switching) is to use the same amp for both clean and dirt sounds.

I can't look at the attachments because I'm not currently at home, but can you clarify a few things:

Are you switching between presets or scenes?
If you're using 1 preset for both sounds, on the amp block, what amps are you using for X/Y?

The best way to cut down on popping between scenes (especially when doing X/Y switching) is to use the same amp for both clean and dirt sounds.

I'm switching scenes. On the preset with the gap between scene 1 (high gain) and scene 4 (clean) I used different amps but without the popping noise. On the preset without gap I´m using the same amp 5153 50w blue but there I have the problem with the popping noise when I try to get the volumes equally.

No ideas anyone? :rolleyes:
I don't have an AX8, but the best approach here is to explore everything that changes between the 2 scenes in question (even blocks that may be bypassed).

Try eliminating those changes 1 at a time to see when it stops.

I don't have an AX8, but the best approach here is to explore everything that changes between the 2 scenes in question (even blocks that may be bypassed).

Try eliminating those changes 1 at a time to see when it stops.

I think the problem is that I use the 5153 50w amp and to get it clean I have to lower the input drive and have to raise the scene volume to bring it to the same level than my high gain scenes. So I think my delay and reverb block cause the problem. But I don't know how to raise the volume without scene volume to get avoid the problem.

Try this the only thing I did was play with the modifiers a bit.
Did this real quick just want to see if it pushes you in the direction you are looking for (can fine tune later)

You had one modifier really cranked pretty sure that was causing the pop.

BTW I didn't look at anything else. Just scene 1 to scene 4 and back again.
Like I said real quick

Attachments

• M.I.GOD. 1.2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Try this the only thing I did was play with the modifiers a bit.
Did this real quick just want to see if it pushes you in the direction you are looking for (can fine tune later)

You had one modifier really cranked pretty sure that was causing the pop.

BTW I didn't look at anything else. Just scene 1 to scene 4 and back again.
Like I said real quick

Yea now we're getting the right direction. The pop noise is now pretty much gone. You saved my day man. Thanks a lot. May I ask you what you've done to fix this problem?

Yeah no problem
I left the modifiers alone you had for input drive. The modifier you had for the cab I got rid of all together, I know what you were going for but it was very aggressive and causing that loud pop.
Instead to volume balance your scenes, click on the output block go to scenes and adjust from there. Also has the benefit (in this case) freeing up the scene 2 modifier.

Capture output.JPG

I forgot to mention! I assume you are using the FxLoop block to run out to a real cab.
If so within that block you can also balance out your volume per scene.

As for scene controller 2 you might want to consider attaching it to the master volume of the amp block. That amp model has a sweet spot when running the model driven, and a different sweet spot when clean. Get the tones, balance out the volumes later.

Back
Top Bottom