Pop and Click while recording

So I started recording my tones via SPDIF. Logic and Focusrite Control are both set to 48K. But every now and then I'm still getting a pop/click every now and then. It's driving me mad and I can't figure it out. Any recommendations?

So I started recording my tones via SPDIF. Logic and Focusrite Control are both set to 48K. But every now and then I'm still getting a pop/click every now and then. It's driving me mad and I can't figure it out. Any recommendations?

512 buffer is huge. For low latency should be 32-64-128... And 64-128 is no problem on 3 years old MacBook Pro 13.
What is clock master in your set-up? It should be AX8.

+1 on buffer settings. Maxed out CPU usually results with popping...

Also if you are not using DLY or MLTDLY blocks, try shunting them within your preset to see if it goes away. If your CPU is super high still, try removing the COMP block to save some CPU.

512 buffer is huge.
What is clock master in your set-up? It should be AX8.

512 is what it's always been set to. I don't think I've ever personally messed with it. That's an easy fix at least.

As for the clock master, I've never messed with it honestly when I plugged in the AX8. I just made sure that it was 48K because I know that seems to be the root of most problems.

Also if you are not using DLY or MLTDLY blocks, try shunting them within your preset to see if it goes away. If your CPU is super high still, try removing the COMP block to save some CPU.

Haven't been using delay too much. I've only had it for a week, so I haven't done any crazy diving yet. I only use Amp/Cab/Reverb most of the time. Sometimes a drive. But I have stayed away from FX until I get a better grasp of the unit.

Clock missmatch reslult in pops and clicks. Check in your interface settings what is source of clock, It should be set to external not perticular value.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-03_at_8.43.07_AM.png

This is wrong Clock Source becouse it is set to Internal...

Screen_Shot_2016-05-03_at_8.43.07_AM.png

This is wrong Clock Source becouse it is set to Internal...

This definitely seemed to be the issue. I did a little bit of demoing tonight and made sure everything was 48K, right channels and everything, this time making sure that the clock source was external. Don't know how I missed that over the last week. But I appreciate everyones help!

A buffer of 512 samples is huuge! How do you play real time with it? =)
Try 32 or 64, if possible. That should give you <10ms latency.

A buffer of 512 samples is huuge! How do you play real time with it? =)
Try 32 or 64, if possible. That should give you <10ms latency.

I never have had issues with latency, only the pops and clicks, which has been resolved. I'll see if it makes a difference next time I get the chance. But latency has never been an issue.

Back
Top Bottom