POLL: which Expression Pedal is best?

Which Expression Pedal/s do you like best?

• Total voters

JamCam

So, I'm thinking of getting the AxeFX.
My friend Tim has so graciously lent me his AxeFX for a few weeks and I've been pretty impressed and taken agasp by it's capabilities/sound. However, I think I'm going to wait until the release of the MFC101 before I get my AxeFX; I'll just kill two birds with one stone.

Anywho... as I plan my rig, I'm trying to narrow down options for my expression pedals; I'll probably use 2 or 3 (for Wah/Whammy, Modulation Speeds, & Delay Feedback). Which ones do you guys find most advantageous for all expressive/controller uses?

I am in the states and will be buying a pedal too, Going to go with the Ernie Ball Jnr,

Quick Question: Which version of the Ernie Ball Jnr do I need, There are two kinds (One is a 25k pot)

Thanks.

I just ordered one of the Boss FVs. Never liked the feel of the shorter Dunlop style wah pedals. Got a Boss FS-6 already for some switching and thought to stay with the same 'theme' ;) ...

I like the Boss FV500 for volume. Long travel (great for minor adjustments), solid and big too (for big feet). For wah I built my own dunlop style pedal with a switch :cool:. The FV500's are a bit of a workout for wah use.

Chris

I've just bought 3 FV500H's. (For the European customers : check out http://fr.euroguitar.com/ - €69 a piece)
I connected them to the Gordius BLG and they worked instantaneously. No need to calibrate. That's a plus for the Big Little Giant.
You can adjust the minimum setting of the FV500H with a pot on the side.

JamCam said:
Can you use any Ernie Ball Volume pedal for expression, or just the JR's?

I use a couple of 6166's and they work great (though I have modified them with linear pots for use with my G-system. I don't know how well the original audio taper would work with the axe-fx but that would be teh same for the Jr. version.)

So my vote for 'other' is EB (not Jr.)

S.R.

Well, I've got one EBJr (which is working fine) and an older/bigger one which I haven't tried yet; they were both lent to me to try out. So, I'll let ya know when I give it a whirl later on!

Back
Top Bottom