Votes: 18 28.1%
  • D

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • E

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • F

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
It's good that we're getting a spread in the poll.. that just tells me that they're all pretty good. :) B doesn't seem to be hit though. :D

Okay I think it's time... jazzy drumroll...

A: OwnHammer SLM 4x12 V31
B: OwnHammer Mesa V32 Clark's gnarly brighter mix
C: OwnHammer Mesa V32 Kevin's mix (Kevin = Mr. OwnHammer)
D: Gift to Mankind IR
E: Redwirez 1960A
F: Redwirez Mesa

I love the fact that those IR's are all getting lots of votes. I guess this should be enough for now. :) I have to change the genre for the next test if I ever make one.

I'm loving the visual curve for that SLM 4x12 V31 cab from Kevin. Every single mic position seemed to fit the criteria I'm looking for. :)

Haha... well D is my own IR which I made from a Rectifier 4x12 cab last week. It's all the mics I could find blended together and made with a Mesa power amp so it has lows.. lots of them but they are quite tight lows. You can download it for free. I'll put it here once again. C is OwnHammer's Mesa V32 which is the best IR pack out there. Get that one! It's the boooomb! It's funny that they sound similar in this mix though since the IR mixes I made myself didn't really sound anything alike. :)

Attachments

• Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
And into the rabbit hole I go. After making these tests I started wondering. (which is never a good thing) That some of the coolest songs out there have a slightly different guitar sound on the left and right side. F.ex. Slipknot. Well... I did this test myself. Which of these mixed IR's make a great stereo spread and sum up to a good balanced guitar tone together? ...

SLM V31 + RW MESA
SLM V31 + OH MESA
OH MESA + 1960A
OH MESA + H75
SLM V31 + H75
H75 + RW MESA
ORANGE + RW MESA
OH MESA + RW MESA

So yeah... :D

Haha... well D is my own IR which I made from a Rectifier 4x12 cab last week. It's all the mics I could find blended together and made with a Mesa power amp so it has lows.. lots of them but they are quite tight lows. You can download it for free. I'll put it here once again. C is OwnHammer's Mesa V32 which is the best IR pack out there. Get that one! It's the boooomb! It's funny that they sound similar in this mix though since the IR mixes I made myself didn't really sound anything alike. :)

Yay! Top man. Thank you.

Nice poll Clark! Sorry if you already answered this but which IR pack does the OH SLM 4x12 V31 come in?? I can't find it on their site.

Back
Top Bottom