Poll - please vote !!

How do you power your AXE NOW or plan to power it when you got it?

• Total voters
I think FRFR has its place, but there is no replacing a good power amp and guitar cabs for me.

I love both SS and tube, but at the moment, I am particularly partial to my VHT 2/50/2 and Avatar cabs loaded with G12K-100's :cool:

I run both but I prefer Amp and Cab. It just sounds more natural to my ears :cool:

EDIT: I have to change my response, seeing how this was at least a few firmwares ago I have sense stopped using traditional guitar cabs. FR is the way to go for me at this point and I did vote that way from the beginning.

Yep me too.

I run an ART-SLA-1 In bridged mode into aVHT Fat Bottom 2x12 Cab.

The arts really nice. The Cab is teh cab. I do have to put a PEQ on the output of some patches though. The heavey stuff has toomuch mids, not enough base or sizzle - easily sorted. The cleans are nice, but sometimes I tae a little lower mid out to give it a bit of "air".

Tries FRFR - liked teh cleans - thought they were different but probably a touch better than the 2x12. The gainy stuff though was miles better to my ear through a real cab.

Id be interested in the port city too. I wasgona try the Atomic, but after my FRFR tests I dont think so. The VHT is a Great Cab - but has its own (sometimes dark - Mid peakey) sound. With the Port City I could sell my VHT Cab and 50ST as a apir - and more than cover the new Cab.

traditional way...as a preamp/fx-unit together with a solidstate guitar-power-amp and a 4x12" cab.....
:mrgreen:

Ultra to my mosvalve 1500 to my 2x12 traditional avatar with g12k-100 speakers... what a punch to the face! Just replaced my v30s with the g12k-100s and boy, the uberchugga patch never sounded or felt so good! My drummer was like... what the hell? lol :lol:

bammbamm said:
Ultra to my mosvalve 1500 to my 2x12 traditional avatar with g12k-100 speakers... what a punch to the face! Just replaced my v30s with the g12k-100s and boy, the uberchugga patch never sounded or felt so good! My drummer was like... what the hell? lol :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah...i know what you're talking about! :mrgreen: Drummers.....watch out! :lol:

I'm currently running my Ultra in to my guitar rig:

ADA B200S (solid state, two channel power amp) into 4 2x12 ADA Slant SplitStack cabs ( 2 per side).

I'm using this until I can sell some gear I no longer need (including the ADA amp and cabs listed above) and can purchase an FRFR system. What may be different than many others here, is that I play bass, guitar and keyboards (in that order) so I need an FRFR system that can support any/all of these.

Peace.

Gone with a pair of QSCs for 4 months, then discovered the possibility to run my old Vetta as poweramp+cab:
QSCs are now the main PA for little venues!
Vetta is warmer and fuller sounding for me.

Angelo

I been going frfr with a ev-sxa100 and I'm missing the in room sound of an amp. The frfr has it's advantages but there is something not right about it. I hope the atomic is the solution if its not I'm getting a power amp and a 1/12 of some kind

Output 2 on Rocktron Velocity 150 then into two cabs with 12" Celestion for having interaction on stage! Out 1 to FOH! We are using in-ear monitoring on stage, so it is not necessary to blow away the drummer! And the "mixer-man" is happy too!!

Ultra => Tech21 PE 400 (2x200) => 2x custom 1x12 Thieles (MC Custom Cabs) loaded with EVM12L Black Labels.

Awesome.

I've had my FX for less than two weeks, but it's going to a gig this weekend.

I'm running mine to a SS power amp into a Mesa 4x12 in stereo, and it sounds great.

My amplification is not totally FRFR, but I'm really satisfied of it.

I'm using a Rocktron Velocity 150 (one of the Velocity models w/ the "Inductance" setting for each channel) that feed a pair of Yorkville Y115.

I'm using a guitar synth in this system too. AX100 + Nord Modular G2 Engine.

My G2 Engine is used to synths tones, and for audio effects. I'm using it for vocoding my vocals from my guitar tones, or, from my synths tones controlled by guitar-synth.

So, I need the most FR system as possible, but with 15" of Y115, I have more bass w/out any boomy effect.

I have my Ultra since 2 weeks also. I'm using a QSC PLX1104 poweramp driving a Canadian made Doyle 2x12 stereo ported cab in which i dropped 2 12" drivers leftovers from a Behringer 4x12 speaker upgrade.

I always hated those drivers being too bright to use with a regular guitar tube amp, but i get pretty good results using those in my 2x12.

I'm looking forward for a good FRFR pair of speakers powered or passive since i have already have a good power amp, FBT Max2 and 2a Max4 and 4a, Wharfedale pro Titan12 among others.

I'm using a QSC GX3 SS poweramp and 2 Avatar 2x12 cab's (one v30 & one classic 80 in each cab).. I've had my Ultra for about 2 weeks and loving it!! :D

Back
Top Bottom