Poll - please vote !!

How do you power your AXE NOW or plan to power it when you got it?

• Total voters

dongrosh

there´s an interesting discussion with G66 and me - please help with your voting
to decide some things for the near future.

I planned to use an FRFR system but fell at the first hurdle when I didn't like the result of using a PA cab (RCF ART 322A). Now I'm using my amp's FX loop and cab until the Atomic FR becomes available.

Why does everything have to be so polarized?

Live: Amp and 4x12
Recording Studio: Direct (does that count as FRFR?)
Rehearsals: Amp and 4x12 (when I bring the Axe-Fx)
Personal Practice: Either amp and 4x12 during the day or direct to mixer at night

I voted amp and cab.

Yes, what's with the polarization. I use it both ways equally. For practice, I run in stereo with the left channell into my Ibanez Troubador FRFR and the right channel into my Fender Blues Junior tube amp. For live use on stage I run the fx send out to my Peavey Bandit solid state amp but I also run the XLRs direct to the board. That's why I run FRFR on the left and combo amp on the right for practice so I know what sounds I'm sending the board in comparison to what I'm hearing.

I didn't/couldn't vote. Sorry.

dongrosh said:
there´s an interesting discussion with G66 and me ...
Hi Wilfried! Any secrets about the discussion? Are you just deciding your own route or will G66 start distributing some interesting FR-systems? :? :cool:
BlueLotus said:
Yes, what's with the polarization. I use it both ways equally. ... I didn't/couldn't vote. Sorry.
Lopp said:
Why does everything have to be so polarized? ... I voted amp and cab.
I agree. There should be at least an option "both". :ugeek:

Peace!

Micha

poweramp and 2 4x12 boogie half back cabs. I had a 2:90 and ditched it for a crown, since i wanted rid of tubes and thier cost.

possibly looking at some qsc's at the moment though.. i would like to be able to use the cab emus as well. right now i turn the cab sims off. I feel like i'm missing half of what the thing can do. there is no way to maky my 4x12 sound like a 1x12 amp.

2 Ultra's - Multiple Configs

1. Studio Direct
2. FOH
3. Power amp and cabs
4. FRFR - QSC's & hopefully the Atomic FR Soon!

Combinations of 2,3,4!

Hi., no secrets - it´s the question if there is a market for VERY good traditional cabs.
IMO there are a lot players which like the combination of two 1x12 or and 2x12 Cab
and an good poweramp.

FRFR is not for everyone.

So i´m in the situation to organize an EU-Distributer for Portcity Cabs which are
the best cabs on the market IMO.

http://www.portcityamps.com/product_main.html

Of course i first asked G66 cause IMO that will be a good in their portfolio to have
great Guitarcabs for those Players and they doesn´t have Matchless anymore.

I have orders for Portcity for minimum 20 cabs after one pm on Hughracks and a lot
of players in the EU would be happy to get these cabs for an reasonable price.

BTW, if you see the look of the Portcitycabs i def thought - wow, doesn´t it look like:

So, G66 think that there could be an conflict with the Atomic FRFR - which i do not think.
Now i just wanted to know: Is there an market in the EU for traditionell Guitarcabs and AXE-FX. That´s all.....

If G66 didn´t want to do that i think about doing that by myself although i have enough work...

Suggestions welcome, wilfried

I don't think Atomic FRFR and Port City Cabs are direct competitors.
I would love to try the Atomic FRFR and a good poweramp with Port City Cabs next to each other.
IMO the Atomic FRFR is a specific product to a specific area of uses. Having a great cab is always having a great cab whatever the cat drags in.
If G66 would take VHT, Port City Cabs, QSC and RCF beside Atomic on their portfolio, I guess it would be a one stop shop for most European Axe users.
If they would have all this in a showroom, they would become the Mecca of Axe users and a lot of money spent on spot.
I know that if I'm going to spend a couple of thousand of Eur on gear, I would take the trip to these guys and pick the combination I like the best.
I don't know how high profile they are willing to run their business, but having a booth at the Musikmesse with all these gear, I guess, would have a serious impact on sales.

Portcity - is a little too "spensive" for me. I think the Atomic FR will be way more bang for the buck. (IMHO) ;)

GuitarDojo said:
Portcity - is a little too "spensive" for me. I think the Atomic FR will be way more bang for the buck. (IMHO) ;)

Do we have an estimated price on them yet? I heard about a waiting list but nothing on prices yet.

aftec said:
GuitarDojo said:

Do we have an estimated price on them yet? I heard about a waiting list but nothing on prices yet.

Tom King said:
Target price is between $699 - $799. We are getting some final quotes on some components and will keep it as affordable as we can without skimping on quality.

Designed for use for the Axe-fx. Power included! You can also go FOH off the back of it too.

Voted FR, but as shown in my sig, it's really BOTH (Adams, LondonPower+ToneTools) plus an "in-between" with my PE-60s modded with Tweeters and EV-Force 12s.

-m@

I go direct and will also use my VHT 2/90/2 into mesa 4x12 guitar cab on live gigs. Best of both worlds ...

Mik.

Been struggling a bit with frfr for a while now. Thought I had if sussed when I went into the fx return of my Marshall JVM recently. I always gravitated to the Marshall and brown amp models anyway. In tonal heaven now. So its Marshall JVM powersection into Marshall 4 x 12 for me!

Back
Top Bottom