Poll: I have put all 327 amps in order. Select your favorites.

I seem to change my favourites every 3 - 6 months, but at least having 10 choices mitigates that somewhat and makes choosing less hard.

Genuinely interested to see how my interests relate to other peoples and perhaps the wisdom of the crowd will cause me to discover a new amp to love.

That we even HAVE 327 amps to choose from, all faithfully modeled to perfection, is just so remarkable to even thoughtfully consider for a moment!! That so many of those are then perfect models of so many iconic and desirable amps is almost breathtaking. 🤘 :cool:

Man, we live in amazing times with some amazing talents.

Thanks for the poll, indeed it will be interesting how this shakes out. First though I'm gonna have to go play some models I havent spent time on, as it'll be hard to enter "at least 10 favorites" and I too have a handful at most.

One of the reasons I picked the Archean/Archon is because one fellow used it for the Base tone model for a Magnatone 440, it is quite close with tweaking.

It would be cool if FAS had a tracking log of what we used to build our tone.
..to dump into a database every time we updated the firmware. Sign me up. And DC30 jumped please 🤣
If we could only have a dump as .txt ourselves what amp is used in what preset 😍

It would be cool if FAS had a tracking log of what we used to build our tone.

You'd need usage telemetry on block settings and play time for this to be accurate. The unit would need to be regularly connected to the internet to send back the logs as well. Plenty of devices do this outside of the guitar modelling world but you're then talking about more code, more data engineers/analysts, infrastructure setup and legal implications of data collection (GDPR etc). Not sure if it's worth the ROI for Fractal.

Kinda like how my phone tells me, you walked more than usual today / this week, you fatass.

Maybe one day the Axe will be AI integrated. I'll go a week using the Mesa Mark series models, then the Axe FX in the same voice from the Star Trek computer, it says to me, Cole, you have been watching too many John Petrucci gear videos this week haven't you...

Back
Top Bottom