Poll: Favorite front input instrument cable?

What's Your Favorite Instrument Cable to Get Your Guitar into Your Axe-Fx

• Total voters
I'm totally happy with Dimarzio cables. I have George Ls patch cables, but I'm not really a fan and kind of regret the purchase.

Planet Waves.
But recently, I started using my Sennheiser 172G2 again.
The trouble with it was that the signal was a bit lower than the cable.
But with the Axe-fx, that's no problem.
I just turn up the input a bit.

dpeterson said:
Elixir ... not on the list... Tom Anderson loves them.. nuff' said.

well ran out of options with only 10 voting options. I had to leave a ton out. I tried to pick the best but some had to be sacrificed

Fikealox said:
I'm totally happy with Dimarzio cables. I have George Ls patch cables, but I'm not really a fan and kind of regret the purchase.

what about the George L's don't you like? The connectors?

:?: Cable A/B Testing?

does anyone know any easy way to A/B a cable going into the axe-fx with some sort of A/B box routing foot switch so i could just hit a button and swap the cable back and forth so i don't have to plug and unplug everything it makes comparing effects really difficult?

rsf1977 said:
:?: Cable A/B Testing?

does anyone know any easy way to A/B a cable going into the axe-fx with some sort of A/B box routing foot switch so i could just hit a button and swap the cable back and forth so i don't have to plug and unplug everything it makes comparing effects really difficult?
for my crappy comparison tests (trying out an evidence audio lyric hg... but also had a couple planet waves in-line... and my ears couldn't tell a difference)... I used a Sound Sculpture Switchblade... but... that's kind of an expensive investment if that's all you're going to be doing with it.

...and I guess it doesn't really help with a pure test of the front Axe input, since there's only one jack there...
...hmm... but I have *two* Axes... maybe you should do that too! :D

...wow... this post turned out to be almost completely useless.
sorry about that.

Re: Favorite front input instrument cable?

m lebofsky said:
X2 all the way. Its like not even having a cable.

are they really that good.core x2 right?i was trying to order them,but every site i went to was out of stock.are they quiet on high volume high gain settings.you know,when you tap it with your foot or move around and what not?

Re: Favorite front input instrument cable?

RDeraz said:
m lebofsky said:
X2 all the way. Its like not even having a cable.

are they really that good.core x2 right?i was trying to order them,but every site i went to was out of stock.are they quiet on high volume high gain settings.you know,when you tap it with your foot or move around and what not?

When I said X2, "like not even havig a cable", I meant the X2 wireless system (I have the rack version). I was trying to be funny .... ;) And yes, the X2 system, to me, is like having the perfect cable (colorless, doesn't tangle/coil, doesn't get in the way, can't be stepped on by the bass player as I run across the stage, etc, etc. Just remember to change the battery after each set or two.

Another X2 user, really good system. Only downsides are that I see:

EATS batteries like there is no tomorrow
flimsy transmitter

oh, its connected by a very short run of George L to the Axe-FX

I have used Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables since they appeared years back. I love them. Tony made some and Mark and Lava cable made some for me. When I use pedals, I have Evidence Monorail connecting the boxes and I soldered those up using good high silver content solder on Neutrik or Switchcraft jacks.

I listened to many different cables in my rig, under performance and recording conditions, and selected the EAs. They are a bit stiff at first, but settle in after some use.

Love em!

BF3

I have not noticed a sonic difference between cables but that's probably becuase my ears are not trained to detect it. What I do notice is that some cords coil up nicely and smoothly on the floor in large loops where as others coil up badly. My expensive planet waves cord coils up in tight ugly knot very quickly which I hate. I'd like to hear what poeple's thoughts are on the best cords for "coiling management".

sprint said:
I have not noticed a sonic difference between cables but that's probably becuase my ears are not trained to detect it. What I do notice is that some cords coil up nicely and smoothly on the floor in large loops where as others coil up badly. My expensive planet waves cord coils up in tight ugly knot very quickly which I hate. I'd like to hear what poeple's thoughts are on the best cords for "coiling management".

+1
"anti knot" cables would be cool...

PS- that aside theres a method to roll cables which more or less ensures the cable doesnt knot..

Back
Top Bottom