1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Pluging passive Piezo pickup into Axe II XL?

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by Horganovski, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Horganovski

Horganovski
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

I'm considering getting an electric Cello, but don't want to go crazy with money as it's definitely not going to be my main instrument (which is guitar.. obviously ;) ).

I'm looking at a NS Wav which has a passive piezo pickup, in the manual it mentions that it's output is high impedance and may not match well with amps designed for magnetic pickups and may require a DI Box or preamp..

So I'm wondering is that likely to be a factor with an Axe II XL ? Or does it have enough range on the input to accommodate an instrument like this without being too noisy?

Attached Files: