Plexi 100 very blanketed now

I reran the parameter generator tools and I must've screwed something up.

For now you can fix the model with the following:

Preamp
Preamp Bias: 0.128

Cathode Follower
Compression: 74.9%
Harmonics: 0.608

There's another hidden parameter that needs to be updated but it isn't as important as these three.

I tried this out by setting up a patch with these tweaks dialed in, and everything else was where I felt I was liking what I was hearing. I then saved it again in a spot right next to it, but undoing the tweaks and going back the stock setting. Another thing I did with both patches is I ditched the V30 cab (Legacy 62) in the 009 preset and went with Legacy 61 instead.

I definitely notice a difference switching back and forth. I certainly wouldn’t mind a bit more bite/clarity overall (like I hear in an Amalgam Dimed Plexi Tonex patch I think is killer), but it’s a step in the right direction for sure. It could also be the source amp itself. Anyway, I’m hearing more treble response, more punch, and less of the blanket sound with the tweaks….and, of course, a different IR.

Last edited:
I reran the parameter generator tools and I must've screwed something up.

For now you can fix the model with the following:

Preamp
Preamp Bias: 0.128

Cathode Follower
Compression: 74.9%
Harmonics: 0.608

There's another hidden parameter that needs to be updated but it isn't as important as these three.
This is ladies and gentlemen what makes Fractal so great! Anyone can point out something and the owner or someone of the company will test it out and confirm the issue and soon after they will make changes to fix it! 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom