Plex Delay Mix - something I'm missing??? [resolved: the 'mix law' is different]

Orvillain

Power User
I've got an odd issue here and I could do with just sanity checking it.

I've got the Axe3 in 4-cable-method with my Marshall JVM410HJS. Everything is setup as described in the 4cm part of the manual.

Now with no effects when I enable and disable the effects loop on the JVM, I get the same level. But when I add a Plex Delay with a mix of 50% I get a level drop. I do not get a level drop when adding a normal delay block nor a reverb block with a mix at 50%.

Is there something special, about the mix power for the Plex Delay that I am just not aware of??? I spent a good hour checking cables as a good man should, before I spotted that it was actually the effect block causing it!

The Plex Delay may use the same 'mix law' as the Reverb block. You may need to raise the 'Level' parameter to something like 3 dB (or as to taste depending on it's 'mix' value) to get things more even. And/or there may be some phase cancelation happening depending on your Plex Delay settings, routing, output settings, etc..

EDIT... The comments in the link in the previous post explains it more detail.

This mix law choice is why I run the Plex and reverb blocks in parallel with the bypass mode set to mute in. I don’t want anything messing with my dry, except in certain circumstances (virtual capo, vibrato, tremolo, etc).

Last edited:
This mix law choice is why I run the Plex and reverb blocks in parallel with the bypass mode set to mute in. I don’t want anything messing with my dry, except in certain circumstances (virtual capo, vibrato, etc).
I think I'll end up doing the same thing to be honest. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom