Plex Delay : Amazing Reverbs & Delays & 20-25% CPU "KILLER" !!!

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi All !
A while ago I had the Eventide H9 Max and loved the video from Pete Thorn about the Eventide Black Hole pedal.....recreated that first in the Eventide H9 easily and then to the AXE III / FM3....it came very close , only missing (for me) is the 'tone' from the Eventide....cant explain better....
Once I started to recreate it in the Fractal , I could get close with the normal Reverb block , set to Ultra High quality , but of course not much CPU was left.....then I noticed the Plex Delay with its Diffusion and that nailed it much more better and more '3 dimensional' than the Reverb block.

As I also stumbled to those amazing delays with diffusion ( like Steve Lukather does) , both the Reverb & Delay blocks replaced by the Plex Delay block saved me up to 20-25% of CPU :)

Check out the video and if you like what you hear , please SUBSCRIBE to my YT channel to support me make more YT content ;)
In the second post below I will add some videos in which you can hear more how I used the amazing sounding Delays with Diffusion and Reverbs.....

Yeah man, I was just sayin in a thread I started how much I love the Plex Delay. Just kinda "discovered" it by turning it on in some factory presets, and bringing up the Mix parameter a bit, and wow! Some of those time-based effects can sound too "80's-ish", but not this one. At least, not to my ears.

Yeah man, I was just sayin in a thread I started how much I love the Plex Delay. Just kinda "discovered" it by turning it on in some factory presets, and bringing up the Mix parameter a bit, and wow! Some of those time-based effects can sound too "80's-ish", but not this one. At least, not to my ears.
Very TRUE man , It is a very underrated FX block while sounding really amazing......I haven't touched the Reverb + Delays blocks since discovering the Plex Delay block....!!

Nice video. I was aware of the Plex Delay, but always think in terms of separate blocks, probably because of using pedals and tape delays. I'll have to fiddle with the Plex Delay because I can see some places it would probably replace the two separate blocks and save me some CPU.

Back
Top Bottom