Please Recommend me Neck PU for Suhr Aldrich Bridge

tomc3084

Experienced
I have a PRS McCarty Trem, with McCarty PU's, and am set on ordering the Aldrich bridge pickup. However, I am having second thoughts on the neck PU, thinking it will be way to hot for my uses. I love high gain on my bridge PU, but for my neck PU, I love splitting and going for some clean jazz sounds, to breakup tones, to distorted tones, but nothing heavily over the top or I find a neck PU becomes muddy. The McCarty neck PU is Nickel Covered Alnico 8k, and splits very well. The McCarty is Mahogany body and neck with maple cap and rosewood fretboard. I think the McCarty split tone is great, but I find the humbucker tone gets muddy real quick. I was looking into maybe the Seymour Jazz or PRail(for maximum versatility)in the neck, but will there be any volume drop off when switching between pickups? If you guys could recommend me something that will fit me well, and have no volume dropout, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I have heard many people say that they weren't nearly as happy with the neck PU as they were with the bridge PU. It lists the neck PU as the Ultimate pickup for aggressive rock and metal playing styles, which I don't do with the neck PU.

I think you generally want to stay around the same out put with pups other wise you get to much volume change when switching. If I recall the Aldrich pup is pretty hot 17k? Is there a main reason that you want to run the Aldrich pup?

EDIT: I went to Suhrs site and the Aldrich Neck pup has a 9k output which is a lot lower then I thought it would be. That should work pretty good if that's what they are pairing with the bridge.

I think you generally want to stay around the same out put with pups other wise you get to much volume change when switching. If I recall the Aldrich pup is pretty hot 17k? Is there a main reason that you want to run the Aldrich pup?

I want to run the Aldrich bridge PU because its the tone in my head, from the videos I have watched.

take a look on the Bulldog Pickups website..

when you think Bulldog, think Bareknuckle and some...

Back
Top Bottom