Please recommend a poweramp?

I'm too late to the party since you already decided on something, but do not underestimate the 20 dollar amazon 100W stereo power amps! Search for "DAMGOO Bluetooth Amplifier Board, 100W+100W" for example. It works very well and gets quite loud. The downside is that you need your own power brick and a 1/4inch speaker cable adapter.
Interesting! Where can I read about this?

Interesting! Where can I read about this?
I got one for myself on Amazon and use it whenever I need a power amp for my FM3 in a "casual" setting. Tone is about the same to my ear as any other solid state power amp that I tried (I own a Matrix) and it gets loud enough to play with drums (with my 4x12 that I tested). I put the power brick under my pedal board and got a cheap 1/4 inch female speaker cable adapter that I screwed into the speaker outputs. The speaker cable is called "CNCESS CESS-002S Barrier Spade Fork to 1/4 Inch TS Speaker Cable Adapter". 15 bucks for a pair. I stripped the non 1/4 inch end and screwed it into the power amp. Works just fine haha. I have not played a show with it because the particular unit that I have does not have a Bluetooth OFF button. In theory, anyone can connect to it and take over the output...

I'm currently using a Seymour Duncan PS170 with a pair of 1x12 cabs wired in parallel so I get 4ohms and the full power of the PS170.
I was planning to buy a Fryette PS-2A or PS100 and keep the SD as a backup unit (very portable, less than 1kg). Some folks that had both units mentioned it doesn't worth the upgrade as there not that much difference between the two.
I'm still curious for testing a Power Station.

Back
Top Bottom