PLEASE HELP!! WHERE CAN I BUY A AXE FX II WITH A FEW PAYMENTS??

AXXMAN

WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS INFO ON WHERE TO BUY AN AXE FX II WITH A FEW PAYMENTS LIKE AMERICAN MUSIC SUPPLY DOES,PLEASE HELP.THX

I WOULD,BUT MY CREDIT CARD DOESNT HAVE THAT HIGH OF A SPENDING LIMIT.REALLY THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE BRO.

sorry,caps lock on.dont mean to shout.im a pro guitarist,been playing since age 7,now 44,ive been the touring axxman for many national acts,i use a marshall 4x12 cabs,soldano slo 100 amps,and an art sge mach ii for effects,i did try an eventide eclipse,and the effects were great,but you cant use it live because of the midi lag(very noticeable)looking to try this axe fx 2,for effects only.all my distortion comes from my amp,and kicks ass.just trying to find out where to buy one with payments.

In the US you can only get then from FAS or Tone Merchants. Not sure if Tone Merchants is still doing wait list with a deposit. That would make it two payments for you. Otherwise you need some sort of 3rd party financing.

I've found most credit card providers will raise your limit if you just ask them to.. after all, extending credit (and charging you 20% interest) is their whole business. Give them a call and ask.

Reactions: jon
If you're just looking to use an Axe Fx for effects only, you could save yourself some cash and maybe come in under your limit by getting a standard or ultra. Both of them have tons of power when used for effects only. I do like some of the effects better on the II, but they were really good on the Ultra. I seriously doubt I would've convinced myself to part with the $ for a II over my Ultra is it were only for the difference in effects and nothing else. There's a ton of stuff on the Gen I units that I barely scratched the surface of.

You could always try a standard or ultra, knowing you can get your $ back out of them with very little loss. If you find you've gotta have the II, you already have the $ from the standard or ultra as a starting point.

The effects on Gen I are killer and the switching delay is amazingly low. Also, there are a ton of presets out there that people have crafted for the Gen I boxes with amazing effects combinations that haven't yet been created for the II (and/or made public). As a pro guitarist, you may know exactly what you want to do with it already, but there's something to be said for not reinventing the wheel if you don't have to.

Last edited:
thx for the advice bro,i do have a killer tone and sound,im just looking at upgrading my art sge mach2 with a newer unit.again all my distortion comes from my soldano slo 100,then i add a bit of delay reverb noise gate ect..
and some chorus for my clean channel.if anybody out there is thinking of buying an eclipse,and need to switch presets several times per song,dont buy this unit,it drops the sound,even with the new update.the eclipse sounds great,but for live performance,cant have any lag.want the axe fx2 but need to make payments.

If you're a Pro you might get better rates with a short term loan from a Bank .... if you live dangerously and actually trust/use a Bank that is! They'll probably want 3 houses as collateral ....

+1 on what Mikey said. Really no reason to buy the Axe II if all you want is effects. The Standard and Ultra units are pretty much there as far as effects go. The primary (though not the only) selling point of the II is the modeling. I'd look over the features of both units and decide what you need. Both are extremely high-end units. Another thing to consider is that there is a waiting list for the II. Could take a while to get one. Unless, you're willing the pay $2500.

Interesting what you're saying about the Eclipse. I'd never expect that high end of a processor to have that kind of problem.

The credit line's I've got with online retailers end up being the same as a CC really. Finance charges, credit limits etc. And they show up just like a CC on your credit report.

But, they do have some advantages for me.

I usually wait till a "same as cash" promotion to buy gear that way and I can make payments plus avoid interest.

That having been said I don't *think* FAS or TM offer a credit line.

Richard

yea i know,i was real displeased to find out that a 2000 unit of this kind would have any problems,but believe me,it does.i love the eclipse for home use,or studio work.but if you want to use it live,and need to switch presets during one song,your in bad shape.even the new update didnt help.i have songs that require several changes,clean/crunch/lead/clean ect... and the songs keep falling out of time because the eclipse drops the sound for a second,just enough to be very noticeable.i always wanted an eventide,i will own one again,but only for home or studio use.since i bought my art sge mach 2 in the late 80`s early 90`s this is the only effects unit ive ever needed,and it still works great,get tons of people wanting my tone.i would just like to get a more modern unit that sounds like the one i have.again all my distortion comes from my soldano slo-100 just add a bit of delay / reverb / chorus ect..

WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS INFO ON WHERE TO BUY AN AXE FX II WITH A FEW PAYMENTS LIKE AMERICAN MUSIC SUPPLY DOES,PLEASE HELP.THX

1. Open a bank account
2. Put "payments" into it
3. Check statement
4. If balance on statement > cost of axefx go to step 5, else go to step 2
5. order Axefx
6. ????
7. Profit

Last edited:
1. Open a bank account
2. Put "payments" into it
3. Check statement
4. If balance on statement > cost of axefx go to step 5, else go to step 2
5. order Axefx
6. ????
7. Profit
Oh I get it, that's supposed to be funny.

But you forgot a couple of steps.

6. find that none are available on your continent
7. get name put on wait list
8. wait....
9. find out that the delivery dates were completely wrong and undersupplied Axe units and haven't filled aforementioned wait-list -> goto step 9 many times.
10. wait even more

Last edited:
Oh I get it, that's supposed to be funny.

Sort of. But not really. More a tongue in cheek buying stuff with "payments" is stupid type commentary.

But you forgot a couple of steps.

6. find that none are available on your continent
7. get name put on wait list
8. wait....
9. find out that the delivery dates were completely wrong and undersupplied Axe units and haven't filled aforementioned wait-list -> goto step 9 many times.
10. wait even more

None of that has anything to do with financing.. a "payment" plan is not going to solve a supply and demand problem. It's supposed to solve an "I can't really afford the thing I want" problem. If the wait is supposedly so long then you have even less excuse for not saving for the item. Get on the waiting list and start socking $$$ away.

Back
Top Bottom