Please help,volume pedal problem.

Boz

Hi,got a standard yesterday and cant get the volume pedal to work,i have searched but cant find the answer.I have followed the instructions over and over again but still get no volume when the pedal is plugged in.The pedal is an ernie ball jnr into pedal 1 on the rear of the unit.I have tried to configure the pedal but nothing seems to happen,as soon as i set output level 1 to pedal 1 the sound dies.I have spent at least 2 hours trying to get this to work and have now given up.Any help would be great.

cheers Mick.

From the Axe-FX manual: Pedal / footswitch inputs. Connect your expression pedals and/or footswitches here. Each jack is a ¼" stereo jack capable of supporting an expression pedal or a footswitch (either momentary or latching).

Are you trying to connect a simple volume pedal, using mono 1/4" cable? I don't think it's meant to work that way. You need an *expression* pedal and you need to use a stereo cable.

Daniel

Dpoirier said:
From the Axe-FX manual: Pedal / footswitch inputs. Connect your expression pedals and/or footswitches here. Each jack is a ¼" stereo jack capable of supporting an expression pedal or a footswitch (either momentary or latching).

Are you trying to connect a simple volume pedal, using mono 1/4" cable? I don't think it's meant to work that way. You need an *expression* pedal and you need to use a stereo cable.

Daniel

Yes its just a volume pedal :cry:

now i see why!

Thanks for the quick reply..

cheers Mick.

I seem to remember that some folks got certain types of volume pedals to work in Pedal1 or Pedal2... but I forget the details (or maybe I hallucinated the whole thing). Hopefully someone will post a reply if they did.

Meanwhile, you can use your volume pedal as a regular volume pedal (between your guitar and the Axe-FX input jack). But I recommend you get hold of an expression pedal because you can do amazing things with them.

Daniel

You can use the pedal as a regular volume pedal between axe and guitar as dpoirier says. You can sometimes 'fake' a volume pedal as an expression pedal by using a stereo insert cable. http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20 Connect the two mono ends to the input and output of the volume pedal, and the single stereo end to the pedal input on the axe. Then calibrate and setup the volume block (or effect block) as required on the Axe. Again, as dp already mentioned, you'll likely get better performance from something explicitly designed as an expression pedal. James.

James, that was a beautiful reply!

James is Mission Engineering and he neglected to say in his humble reply that you should take a look at his products.

I've stuffed around with an Ernie Ball and an old Roland modding them to work as expression pedals but they still have log pots in them (so I can use them as regular volume pedals as well) but I can't wait for my Mission Engineering pedals to arrive as everyone seems to say they're the best! ;)

Richard

Back
Top Bottom