Please help shed some light...

So i just bought an Axe FX II last week. I was using Eleven Rack before that. I am completely blown away by the features an options on the Axe but I am a bit confused by a couple things. I always found it very easy to get a great sound from the Eleven Rack, and it didn't take very much time at all to get the tone I was searching for. I am quite the tweaker and I prefer making my own presets rather than relying on a factory tone. I am using the Axe direct into Pro Tools for recording. Since there is so much attention to detail in the Axe Im finding it to be a challenge to quickly find the tone Im looking for. It also seems that the Axe does not take kindly to the overdrive pedals on my pedalboard like my Eleven Rack always did. But yet when I use the overdrive pedal models in the Axe they sound good. I know im not making a whole lot of sense but I guess im just looking for some advice from other Axe users who have been using it for a while. I know I have bought a great piece of gear, I just need some help getting it to where I want it to be.

Thanks for listening.

"A Challenge to quickly find a tone" Post some specific hurdles for you and I'm sure you'll get help.

As for pedals going into the front of the Axe, I've actually commented on more than one occasion how well it handles real pedals into the front. Maybe give us some examples of what combos aren't working for you.

If it helps, coming from a different platform to a new one can be uncomfortable at first. Especially if you had used the previous one for a long time. Just approach the Axe as a virtual rig. If you want to build a tone from scratch, start with a blank grid and add an amp and cabinet. Work with that until you're happy with it. Move on from there.

I use pedals in front all the time - the key is not to slam the front end of the Axe too hard.

Back
Top Bottom