Please help: Price for a used AXE FX 2?

typeaname

hey people,
i am planning to buy a used AXE FX 2 from somebody i don't really know. My problem is i can't really estimate the price since its:

- AXE FX 2 in
- 4U Rack with 2U Rack drawer (160€ he said) and
- Voodoo Ground Control PRO

for about 2700€...

So guys what do you think is this a fair price? (+no waiting list)

Thanks in advance! :)

It seems a little steep to me.

A new AXE-FX II is $2,200 (1,681 Euros)
New Voodoo Ground Control PRO is around $400 (305 Euros)
Price on the rack is about right for a new one.

My advice, buy a new AXE-FX and MFC-101.
Also, FAS has a holiday special going on now. $50 off each when purchased together.

Edit: If I was dropping that kind of money I'd want to see the item, or buy it from a known trusted source.

Last edited:
The axe 2 is 2349 euros from G66, the MFC 799,
But I'd still buy new, then you would get the Mark 2 in each unit with Ethercon connectors, and the MFC is far superior to the ground control.

It seems a little steep to me.

A new AXE-FX II is $2,200 (1,681 Euros)
New Voodoo Ground Control PRO is around $400 (305 Euros)
Price on the rack is about right for a new one.

My advice, buy a new AXE-FX and MFC-101.
Also, FAS has a holiday special going on now. $50 off each when purchased together.

Edit: If I was dropping that kind of money I'd want to see the item, or buy it from a known trusted source.

Axe-FX II is 2349 Euro ($3075 US Dollars)
Voodoo Lab Ground Control is 449 Euro ($588 US Dollars)

Buy a new AXE-FX and MFC-101. Cround Control is ok (i had one too) but with the MFC you can control everything much better

Yeh - thats a little steep. You only saving around 200-300 Euro on new prices (including the rack). Ok thats 200 Euro, but in % terms its a max of 10% off new prices. Maybe for "ex demo" kit thats fine, but for used? Id be expecting to pay 70% or so of new price .. maybe 80% if it was exactly what I wanted (which the GCP isnt), so Id be wanting it for around 2300Euro tops.

As stated - their is not a waiting list currently. When there was it did push up used prices purly down to availability, but as there isnt one you could pick up a new AFX2, a soft 4u Rackbag and a used rocktron Midimate (to keep you going until you could afford an MFC - if you cant right now) for the same kind of price.

Is the Axe bought from G66?
If not there is no waranty on it.
Another reason to buy a new one.

ok thanks for the replies!
well if i calcutate correct this means: AXE 2 (2349€) + MFC-101 (799€) + Rack 4U (~150€) = ~3300€ for the whole new set...

well i will be seeing it next week :p and i feel like i can trust him (just don't know him well...)

Is the Axe bought from G66?
If not there is no waranty on it.
Another reason to buy a new one.

the warranty lasts for 2,5 more years

Buy a new AXE-FX and MFC-101. Cround Control is ok (i had one too) but with the MFC you can control everything much better

he told me that the gcp is the same compared to the mfc. only thing you can't tune your guitar using it as interface...

well if you say there is no waiting list, does that mean i could order the AXE FX 2 + MFC 101 and get in in like 1 week?

The GCP is nowhere near the same as the MFC. The MFC has 17 IA buttoins v the GCPs 12, there are less pedal sockets, there is no expansion capability, you cant phantom power the GCP from the Cat %, theres no tuner display, theres no 3 colour LED display etc etc etc. The only possilbe equivilancy is the build quality - the MFC is top notch but Voodoo Labs have a decent repuation.

Yes - if no wait lest, you'd have the new gear from G66 in (generaly) 2-3 working days.

There isnt 2.5 more years warranty on this used euquipment either. Yes G66 do transfer warrantes, but there 2 years fom new - for there will be less than that.

the warranty lasts for 2,5 more years

I'm sorry mate but that is not possible.
If the unit is bought from G66 there is 2 years waranty from the date of first purchase.
If it is not bought from G66 there is no waranty on it.
Atleast not in Europe, and as i understand it American waranty does NOT follow when sold 2nd hand.

Ground Control - Paul said everything about hardware and that's right. But software from MFC is much better, too (Looper Control, reveal switch plus anything you can imagine in your head can be done, and if not, cliff makes free updates.) My ground control recieved no updates!

again, thank you!

you cant phantom power the GCP from the Cat %

so that means i have to power it by plugging it to a socket?

wow, really insecure about the whole thing right now...
is it a matter of FACT that there is NO waiting list?

Drop Sussi an Email - you'll get a quick response.

Dont know if you have to use a socket for the GCP or if you can power in via 7 Pin Midi (though you would need to plug the GCPs power supply into the back of the AFX even if you can do 7 Pin MIDI) - buy you cant use the Cat5 method which poweres the MFC direct from the AFX with no other power required. There are a lot of differences between the GCP and MFC that you need to be aware of before making a decision. Its not a bad controller, just limited compared to the MFC.

...wow, really insecure about the whole thing right now...
is it a matter of FACT that there is NO waiting list?

No waiting list that I'm aware of. Back when I placed my order (in Sept '12) the MFC was out for about a day, so I ordered the AXE and then the MFC the next day.

Both the AXE-FX and MFC are currently showing In Stock on the Fractal site. With the Holiday special going on I would be surprised if they were short on inventory. Just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom