Please help - MFC 101 noob - I'm bumming out :(

I would Power down axe. Pull ether con off mfc. Put regular power on mfc. Put midi connections back on mfc to axe. Follow standard few procedure and use bot. Ensure the few file is local to your pc and not on a network.

Thanks everyone, it's getting shipped to FAS for them to try out. Tried the Roland UMone midi interface and even that didn't work. Tried at least In any case, mega thanks for the advice. I'll keep you all posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please help guys... The fw3.06 update I downloaded from the site make my fractal it say "this file type doesn't work with the mfc-101. I'm connected properly, it IS a sysx file.
I received error message 14 upon simply turning on my axefx.

Frustrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please help guys... The fw3.06 update I downloaded from the site make my fractal it say "this file type doesn't work with the mfc-101. I'm connected properly, it IS a sysx file.
I received error message 14 upon simply turning on my axefx.

Frustrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried rebooting the Computer? Using a different Computer?

Hi all. Update: I ended up shipping my unit back to Fractal and they took care of it. Was it worth the cost of shipping back and forth and waiting 2 weeks? Yes. MFC is working perfect with the XL.

I have no idea. I tried updating firmware at least 60 times. I had zero luck with all sorts of midi interfaces. Seeing an error 14 everytime was maddening, so I had fractal do it. The unit works flawlessly now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience…
I had 100% success few times updating an MFC MK1 and 3 through AxeII MKI and XL using the same method always, RJ45 as a power source and MIDI as data source.
No problem at all.
However sometimes I had a problem when udating the Axe FW and then I switched to another PC and all worked good.
Maybe a problem with the USB over the PC or actually "something" in the MFC, however I see I got it fixed , excellent. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom