Please help me set up for Re Amping!!!

Justinnn

Hello,

Ive been trying to get my axe fx set up for re amping all day, and i cant figure it out at all. Ive spent hours on here reading how to do it, but i cant figure it out.

Basically right now i run my guitar into the back input 1 on the axe fx, then i go Spdif out to my Presonus Firestudio, then into Logic 9.

I want to be able to reamp with spdif, no analog.

please helpp!!

justin

Sup?

I am re-amping a track as I type and it is working fine,there are some questions I need to ask you.

First off,,
1.What specifically is NOT working for you?

2. Are you getting a signal at the track input in Logic, and can you here your Axe on your computer coming from your Firestudio?

3. Do you have your clean track or whatever you are wanting to re-amp through the AXE already recorded?

4. Do you have BOTH S/pdif cables hooked up?

5. Are you setting the axe to Digital within the I/O menu?

Basically,,just more information brother,, you haven't provided enough to help you yet.
:mrgreen:
MOSHON
DAVE

Here is a tutorial as a starter:

http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... e=Reamping

If you still doesn't work after you tried this maybe you can give us more information. It is really easy but I alway struggle when I'm using it. Mostly I can't hear anything because I forgot to enable monitoring on the track where I feed the signal into the DAW or I forgot to switch the I/O-setting to digital.

moshwitz said:
Sup?

I am re-amping a track as I type and it is working fine,there are some questions I need to ask you.

First off,,
1.What specifically is NOT working for you?

2. Are you getting a signal at the track input in Logic, and can you here your Axe on your computer coming from your Firestudio?

3. Do you have your clean track or whatever you are wanting to re-amp through the AXE already recorded?

4. Do you have BOTH S/pdif cables hooked up?

5. Are you setting the axe to Digital within the I/O menu?

Basically,,just more information brother,, you haven't provided enough to help you yet.
:mrgreen:
MOSHON
DAVE

Umm i cant figure out how to hear the wet signal along with the dry, i dont understand the "put and effects block in" process.

i tryed just recording the dry and then tried to re amp just to see if i could get that much to work, and when i change the input source on the axe fx to digital, i get a annoying "test tone" like noise.

and yep i have both the spdif hooked up.

im just completely lost.......ha sorry.

and i tryed the wiki tutorial but it didnt help at all.

thanks
justin

We'll figure out what is wrong. I'm not at home from tomorrow till sunday, so my next answer could take a while. Important is, that you anser exactly to the questions ;)

Ok I think that you want to do 2 different things:

1) Recording a dry signal via spdif while listening the processed signal

This we will cover next week, I'll post a screenshot with the routing. And it will be easy if the other part works.

2) Reamping: sending a dry signal from your computer to the axe and getting a processed back.

I) Ok first of all turn all output knobs on your axe fully counter clockwise, in other words turn all output knobs to OFF. This is important for not hearing the digital noise on Out1.

II) Make your connections
* one spdif cable should go from the digital out of the axe to the digital in of your audio device
* the other spdif cable should go from the digitl out of your oudio device to the digital in of the axe

III) Open your audio device driver:
* enable spdif
* set sample rate to 48000 Hz (48kHz)
* make the audio device the clock master

IV) Open your DAW (Cubase, Logic, Reaper)
* Make a loop over your guitar track
* play it
* route the output of the track with your dry guitar to the digital output of your audio device (in my case it is "Output 3", yours is different for shure)

V) Configure the axe
* In the axe fx go to the I/O-menu and select the digital input
* now the input led chain should light up according to the signal you send to it (if this happens we have the sound in the axe)

VI) Back to your DAW
* make a new track
* set it to record the digital input of your audio device (in my case it is "Input 3", yours is different for shure)
* you can't hear anything, but the track meter lights up? We're almost there and the signal is back from the axe. Set this track to monitor the input and you should hear it.
* press record

If you have any questions please refer to the roman numbers and try to give as much information as possible.

One question is left. What audio interface do you have?

Spellbound said:
We'll figure out what is wrong. I'm not at home from tomorrow till sunday, so my next answer could take a while. Important is, that you anser exactly to the questions ;)

Ok I think that you want to do 2 different things:

1) Recording a dry signal via spdif while listening the processed signal

This we will cover next week, I'll post a screenshot with the routing. And it will be easy if the other part works.

2) Reamping: sending a dry signal from your computer to the axe and getting a processed back.

I) Ok first of all turn all output knobs on your axe fully counter clockwise, in other words turn all output knobs to OFF. This is important for not hearing the digital noise on Out1.

II) Make your connections
* one spdif cable should go from the digital out of the axe to the digital in of your audio device
* the other spdif cable should go from the digitl out of your oudio device to the digital in of the axe

III) Open your audio device driver:
* enable spdif
* set sample rate to 48000 Hz (48kHz)
* make the audio device the clock master

IV) Open your DAW (Cubase, Logic, Reaper)
* Make a loop over your guitar track
* play it
* route the output of the track with your dry guitar to the digital output of your audio device (in my case it is "Output 3", yours is different for shure)

V) Configure the axe
* In the axe fx go to the I/O-menu and select the digital input
* now the input led chain should light up according to the signal you send to it (if this happens we have the sound in the axe)

VI) Back to your DAW
* make a new track
* set it to record the digital input of your audio device (in my case it is "Input 3", yours is different for shure)
* you can't hear anything, but the track meter lights up? We're almost there and the signal is back from the axe. Set this track to monitor the input and you should hear it.
* press record

If you have any questions please refer to the roman numbers and try to give as much information as possible.

One question is left. What audio interface do you have?

wow thanks a lot, i will try this out today when i get the chance. my interface is a presonus firestudio project.

Back
Top Bottom