PLEASE FIX VIDEO MODES and FUZZINESS ON AXE EDIT INTERFACE!!

nznat

Experienced
Before you post replies, please read more than just the title, just so we are all on the same page about this post. Wanting ideas only, not posts to bitch slap me and my post and anyone else being helpful, thanks.
Most people have no issues with the video resolution of axe edit how it stands at present, but moving forward is what its all about, ideas are great.

Ok, the axe fx is all about tone/s, yip, end of story, and axe edit is a amazing peace of very simple to use and understand software for pros and noobs to control your lovely new Axe FX unit.

Is there anyway to adjust or fix the fuzziness that the Axe Edit software interface has? Its not so bad that its not usable, not at all, but there is a fuzziness all over the interface, the knobs, logos, wording, and so on.

If fractal don't do anything about that part, maybe they have time to or not, all good, but if they don't, is anyone up to date on modding where we can make the interface a little more sharp and higher resolution.

It may be sharp for some, or not, but its certainly not for some people, so just maybe we can work together to help the fractal axe edit developer guys to update some of the elements in the axe edit graphics so we can have access to resolutions and video settings to suit our own personal monitors more so.

Any ideas people.

Last edited:
Not fuzzy on my PC desktop or my 2 laptops. Maybe the Fractal graphic is if made larger, but I don't use it for the graphics. I also leave it at default. I have messed with different sizes....didn't see anything that bothered me or stopped me from using the tool for it's intended purpose. And I have some pretty old eyes. Just sayin......

Not sure why you replied on this forum for, yet it "IS" fuzzy for you, but as you said yourself, it doesn't bother you. This thread is about the video on the Axe Edit software. As you said, you have old eyes, they are fuzzy anyhow. just saying

I resize to taste and according to what use I have on my iMac 27". And no - it's not a study in nice graphics and sharp lines.

But it is not so bad that I can't get the jobs done. In fact - it just works. So I prefer that the Fractal guys use their time on other stuff. And some well deserved R'n'R too.

Please make sure YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS DISENGAGED WHEN POSTING ON THE FORUM.

Thanks,
- Everyone else on the Internet who interprets ALL CAPS as YELLING

Edit: And yes, the static graphics are a little soft on the font edges. The input fields, menus, etc. are crisp though. I find I spend most of my time looking at those and the rest has just faded to the background (sic) for me. If you have graphic design skills, maybe make some suggestions on how they can be made less soft?

doesnt matter. people interpret hillary clinton as a good person and other as a con artist, the world is a funny place.

fractal has a person who does the axe edit only and they are not involved in the firmware other than making axe edit turn the knobs and switch the switches, so it doesn't matter what so ever if its all about tones and graphics and the like, because the person working on axe edit is in no way distracted by the firmware and how the axe fx unit sounds, they are only working on axe edit. So they CAN work on the video aspects of the software aswell. just saying

Have you considered that possibly the underlying environment doesn't 'just support' vector graphics without considerable other development tasks being done? IE; Not worth the effort for the perceived benefit (Perhaps).
I don't know enough about the inner workings of Fractal so can't comment on the 'single axe edit developer' you have suggested however I can say that (personally) I'd rather the efforts were put towards 'real' improvements (CTRL + Z undoing last action - Support for multiple units, more functionality etc etc). I've not seen anyone complain about the graphics except for nznat - but I don't see every post either so please forgive me if it's more of a problem than it appears.

Thanks
Pauly

The more time Fractal spends on graphics the less time they're spending on tone.

No offence nznat but all your suggestions seem to have a lot to do with how YOU think FAS should run their business. It comes across as being impolite but I'm sure you're just trying to help.

Like this thread: "Axe-Edit is ugly." and the release timer thread: "Quantum is taking too long." You know... there are nicer ways to say these things.

I've seen this topic several times and I don't think that asking for a better user experience is necessarily a ridiculous request. But I just opened up AxeEdit and tried scaling it down to tiny and stretching it to fill the screen and the only thing that I see that is slightly blurry is the text on the effects blocks and the upper left button labels. The text for labels and values all of the parameters is nice and crisp.

Now I do think that part of the "fuzziness" is because of the contrast between background and text is not ridiculous and it's easier on the eyes than if it was say 100% pure white on pure black or something. The softened black/grey with light grey text makes it comfortable to look at for extended periods.

I think that it looks great as is. I'm not young, but I have had eye surgery a few years ago so maybe I have an advantage that provides better eyesight than others. I don't know. I know that I can read everything fine.

I do know that at one time the program is based on JUICE which may not use vector based graphics....which by the way is what you are talking about here; it's not video. Regardless those images have been used for a while and could probably use an update and if they can do with vector based graphics then that would probably make it nicer, but it's a mild irritation at best that you're trying to turn into a critical failing. It's not unreadable, it's not even unpleasant and it doesn't impact the function in any way shape or form....it just irks the crap out of you which I totally get because I can obsess about things that I think are obvious.

It's all about prioritization and how you use your resources and assets....this is going to be really, really low on the list of things that must be done for FAS. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but the reality is that it's probably not going to be addressed any time soon because it's not critical and it adds very little value to product. It's not like changing the blocks to vector based images is going to lead to 1,000 new sales.

The more time Fractal spends on graphics the less time they're spending on tone.

No offence nznat but all your suggestions seem to have a lot to do with how YOU think FAS should run their business. It comes across as being impolite but I'm sure you're just trying to help.

Like this thread: "Axe-Edit is ugly." and the release timer thread: "Quantum is taking too long." You know... there are nicer ways to say these things.

This could be cut-and-paste to so many threads these days. You've said it in a very nice, polite way.

Not sure why you replied on this forum for, yet it "IS" fuzzy for you, but as you said yourself, it doesn't bother you. This thread is about the video on the Axe Edit software. As you said, you have old eyes, they are fuzzy anyhow. just saying

what are you talking about? Do you know? Some of the "graphics" are fuzzy when enlarged, yes, but who cares? You want pretty pictures, go to the movies

well said ML............

doesnt matter. people interpret hillary clinton as a good person and other as a con artist, the world is a funny place.

Form matters. Especially in a communication medium like this. It matters quite a bit. I've been around long enough to know that requests, well-formatted, are better received than those that ARE SIMPLY SHOUTED IN TO THE INPUT FIELD.

If you think it doesn't matter, just look at the replies you've gotten. I guarantee you, you could have brought this up with a better formatted message and actually had a reasonable discussion around it.

hey strat mans back, doing what he does best.

by the way, this is about axe edit, just in case you forgot. We are trying to have a constructive discussion here because what doesn't suit some, suits others. thanks for your interest anyhow.

its text messaging mate, people will take it how they want to take text messages. I just stated it how it was for me and some other people that i have talked too about the subject, and if some people don't like the facts clearly stated, i cant do anything about that. really is, just state ya point and move on, thats what forums are for. You can write the sweetest of things, and there is always more than a few people who will jump all over you and trash your text messages. thus, i say write the key points and move on. playing guitar sounds like fun about now

FAS could sell the premium, animated, realistic, customizable version for... How much you say? I'd keep the FREE version, thanks!

hey strat mans back, doing what he does best.

by the way, this is about axe edit, just in case you forgot. We are trying to have a constructive discussion here because what doesn't suit some, suits others. thanks for your interest anyhow.

Yes, as we can see from all the other responses to this post and 99% of your other posts. Have you read them all or just mine. Guess what? it's not me Buddy.

Back
Top Bottom