Playing with source track

zentman

Experienced
I would like to monitor myself live through the headphone out of the axe. I would also like to send a mono feed into the axe from the Aviom mixer onstage and blend it in with my guitar.

If I can do this I will still get a stereo image on me. If I feed my phones off the Aviom I don't get as good a sound.

Is there a way to do this?

I'm concerned that you don't get a good sound from the Aviom. What isn't good about it?

I'm concerned that you don't get a good sound from the Aviom. What isn't good about it?

FOH only takes a mono feed. I want my stereo in my face. The house always got a mono feed and that's fine but I get more jollies with the huge tones in my face or ears.

I do this same thing but outside of the AxeFx II. I use a Mackie 402 mixer mounted on a mic stand.

I run a vocal split, guitar split, and a mono Aux send from the monitor desk into the Mackie and use wired IEM's from the Mackie headphone out.

For me, I like the quick access to the level and some tone control that the mixer gives me. The sound of wired IEM's is stellar!

Richard

Back
Top Bottom