play bass - tone match with guitar?

Did anybody ever tone matched his bass and tried to play that via his guitar (or vice versa)?

Maybe a pitch effect can help enter the right octave … mh, but can one get realistic results?
Any experiences out there?

I know, the approach is a bit experimental, but surely not as much as this idea …
http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-gear-discussion/43900-axe-fx-ii-tone-match-acoustic-guitar.html#post572562 :)

Hey,
Ive tried tone matching my guitar to my bass with little to bad result. Although, I have heard decent bass simulations played using a guitar... I have not any patches myself but perhaps a search in the forum might lead you to some; a search on google will surely. Im not sure but I think some pitch shifting effects are used to get the sound. If you want a clean bass sound, I think it would be less difficult to emulate it with your electric guitar. Ultimately, your best option is to buy a cheap (or good if you can afford) bass whenever you get the chance.

Also, similar to the link you posted, there are some phenomenally good acoustic sims for electric guitar here on the forum; I dont have any links offhand.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom