Planning a rig...

Most people I'll play to will be pissed up anyway

laughing.gif

I'll try out some K10s and K12s and maybe the Yamaha DXR12s and ELX112s and be damned.
Then pick up an FCB1010. Fuck it.

thumbsup.gif

Yes, I think I'm steering back towards them (God damn this all head spinning). The price is right anyway... sort of.
Maybe I'll go with something "better" in the future but I think the K series will be good enough for now.
Most people I'll play to will be pissed up anyway. Including me ;)

So I reckon, because I have no access to RCF stuff at all, I'll try out some K10s and K12s and maybe the Yamaha DXR12s and ELX112s and be damned.
Then pick up an FCB1010. Fuck it.

Hey Mazrim

Did you get to try out some different FRFR monitors yet ?

I think your plan to go with a cheap midi controller and spend more on the FRFR monitor is wise - better to put the money in the stuff that makes a difference your sound.

Everybody has a different approach to most things, which is cool, but personally I always try to do it right the first time if at all possible.
That saves a lot of dough since you don't have to upgrade later on and take a hit selling your "entry/mid level pack" and also it lets you work with the good stuff from the get go - which safes you from a lot of frustration and when trying to dial in your tones and missing by the last bit simply because your amplification system/FRFR monitor(s) is not quite good enough.
It doesn't matter what amp or modeller you use - your final sound is never better than you monitoring system ! That goes for HiFi systems, studios, FOH and stage monitoring

I understand that everybody has a budget that they have to or want to keep, but if the budget is tight I'd rather get one really cool FRFR monitor than 2 decent monitors, and then your future possible upgrade plan would just be to get a second FRFR monitor of the same kind if ever needed.

Let us know what you end up with and how you like it.

Well, it turns out one of the places I hadn't considered or visted for a while stocks RCF and I tried out some of the HD12a and HD10a models, alongside some Yamaha DXR and DSRs, JBLs, EVs, Mackies and QSCs.
I went for the RCF HD12a. It is quite astonishing how good it sounded.
I bought one straight away and will add another as and when needed.

Also, I've just thought "sod it" and ordered a MFC-101.
I cant be bothered trying to program a midi doofer and this thing speaks the lingo already. More play time.

Does anybody give a fuck? Probably not. :)

Good to know that you found a set-up that suits you.

Wise decision on getting a good midi controller as well - life's to short and you only live once :)

Back
Top Bottom