Planetshakers - You Are Good (Cover)

j_m_s

Inspired

You Are Good - Planetshakers (Cover) - Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus + Fractal Audio Axe FX II *HD* - YouTube

*from Video Description*

Guitar Cover of the Planetshakers' song "You Are Good" off the 'ONE' live CD.

This is probably one of my favourite shakers songs of all time! Love the lyrics and the drum + bass solos in the middle are nothing short of amazing.

The guitar used is a 1992 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus which I sourced out from Japan late last year.. Have been searching for one of these for over a year now and pulled the trigger once I saw it! I've since installed Suhr Doug Aldrich 's humbucking pickups and a set of RS Guitarworks electronics into it. These upgrades made the whole guitar open up even more and sound better than with the stock ceramic pickups. Plugged directly into the Fractal Audio Axe FX II which is connected via USB direct to the MacBook Pro for recording.

- Was a bit hard to try to stand still and play it!

The audio at the end is a bit weird.. I was putting the tracks together in garageband and accidentally deleted the very last bit of the audio track I recorded directly with the Axe Fx II. I had to use mix in the camera audio so thats why it sounds slightly brighter at the end heh!
(Monitoring through a Vox AC4TV but with the global poweramp and sims on so thats why it sounds brighter with the camera)

At the end of the song when I stop playing the chords and end with that little improvisation while the song ends, the guitar is much softer because I kicked in the wrong delay which had the mix set too low and resulted in that part being pretty quiet heh!

The blue wire dangling down the side of my jeans is for my In-Ear Monitors (Westone UM3x), which I was using to listen to/play along to the original track.

Guitar: 1992 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus w Suhr Doug Aldrich Pickups
Cable: Klotz LaGrange w Neutrik Plugs
Amplifier: Fractal Audio Axe Fx II / Vox AC4TV
Effects: Fractal Audio Axe Fx II + MFC 101 Midi Foot Controller
DAW: Garageband on a MacBook Pro
Camera: Sony HDR 10E
Lens: Wide angle converter VCL - E07A
IEMs: Westone UM3x

Thanks!

Sweet as, bro! I love planetshakers, first heard of them from Australia. Keep on rocking for God! :)

Thanks!

I've been really enjoying their stuff.. The older songs are good but the newer songs are even better! The last two live albums have been pretty solid. "One" and "Even Greater". Some songs off their latest CD "Nothing is Impossible" are good too.

Back
Top Bottom