Placed my order for an AX8! So excited...

lscottk

Experienced
Due to divorce I had to sell my AXEFX mark I about 2 years ago. I have been limping along since using an HD500. I kept telling myself that it wasn't so bad. And for $300.00 (bought it used) it really wasn't bad at all. I got usable if not inspiring tones out of it. When I got my invite to buy an AX8 this morning the fog lifted and I was so excited that I could hardly stand it. Then when I placed my order, well I'm even more excited. And then when I got shipping confirmation in less than 30 minutes, well I realized just how much I have missed Fractal modeling. Much more than I allowed myself to admit. Fractal products and service are second to none! I'm so excited...Yea!

Due to divorce I had to sell my AXEFX mark I about 2 years ago. I have been limping along since using an HD500. I kept telling myself that it wasn't so bad. And for $300.00 (bought it used) it really wasn't bad at all. I got usable if not inspiring tones out of it. When I got my invite to buy an AX8 this morning the fog lifted and I was so excited that I could hardly stand it. Then when I placed my order, well I'm even more excited. And then when I got shipping confirmation in less than 30 minutes, well I realized just how much I have missed Fractal modeling. Much more than I allowed myself to admit. Fractal products and service are second to none! I'm so excited...Yea!
When did you request to be put on the list? I'm still waiting for mine and the anticipation is killing me. Congrats!

Congrats. What day and time did you loin the wait list? Are you in the US (sometimes I think there is no sanity anywhere)?

Wow . .you took it in the chops three times: first a divorce , having to sell your Ax Fx then having to get a Pod . . . life can be cruel.

When did you request to be put on the list? I'm still waiting for mine and the anticipation is killing me. Congrats!

I sent my email to Fractal requesting to get on the waitlist on October 13th at 6:38pm Pacific Time (I live in Washington State). Yes, I am excited. Very much looking forward to getting it. :)

Wow . .you took it in the chops three times: first a divorce , having to sell your Ax Fx then having to get a Pod . . . life can be cruel.

Yup, it's been a rough couple of years. The Pod was definitely not the worst of it.

The HD500 really was okay. I have used digital modeling gear since 1996, when I bought a Line 6 AX2. I got some great sounds from that amp. I still have recordings from the band that I was in at the time and recordings of some Jazz Standards that I recorded with singer I was working with. The tones weren't realistic to the real amp, but they worked for me at the time. The HD500 is worlds better than that. And it of course doesn't compare to Fractal.

The timing for the invitation couldn't have been better. The USB port is coming loose on the Pod so I can't use the editing program to modify patches. I was going to spring for a Fender Mustang III to tide me over until I got my AX8 invitation. I was going to meet the guy tonight to purchase. I had to cancel.

I am grateful to have had the POD. Without it I would not have been able to gig with my electric guitar. Music has been a life saver and safe haven for me during these last years. That being said I am SOOOO glad to leave the HD500 behind. I have missed my AxeFX.

Scott

Yup, it's been a rough couple of years. The Pod was definitely not the worst of it.

The HD500 really was okay. I have used digital modeling gear since 1996, when I bought a Line 6 AX2. I got some great sounds from that amp. I still have recordings from the band that I was in at the time and recordings of some Jazz Standards that I recorded with singer I was working with. The tones weren't realistic to the real amp, but they worked for me at the time. The HD500 is worlds better than that. And it of course doesn't compare to Fractal.

The timing for the invitation couldn't have been better. The USB port is coming loose on the Pod so I can't use the editing program to modify patches. I was going to spring for a Fender Mustang III to tide me over until I got my AX8 invitation. I was going to meet the guy tonight to purchase. I had to cancel.

I am grateful to have had the POD. Without it I would not have been able to gig with my electric guitar. Music has been a life saver and safe haven for me during these last years. That being said I am SOOOO glad to leave the HD500 behind. I have missed my AxeFX.

Scott
I've been playing thru my Pod HD 500x for a couple of years . . . I've owned a bunch of Line 6 gear ( Vetta, Vetta II, POD HD 500, DT25 amp, Variax 700 hardtail) and I think I've been cured of it. I was either looking at the Atomic Amplifire, the Helix, BIAS, then I saw the AX8 and figured I should get something nice. Although if I can snatch an Ax Fx II for a reasonable price I might do that ( fat chance of that happening). Enjoy your AX8.

Glad to hear you've kept some of your sanity by playing, I've done the same. I do the same thing when things get dark sometimes. Peace.

Tell us about your experience when you touch it. Mainly comparisons with the other products you had!

congrats on the AX8 ,-confirmation,, i know the feeling of anticipation , after waiting, so long for something you`ve desired ,, sorry about the circumstances last couple of years, but sounds you came thru it ok, The Fractal Audio quality of products and price range ,and online support (Forum) makes being a Fractal fan and owner a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom