Pitch Shift

chris sanchez

I am new to programming my fractal how do I get a pitch shift effect like the one on Bon Jovi You Give Love A Bad Name? I have a great drive channel programmed but I can't get that pitch to work any ideas?

Chris

Select Pitch Block first in chain, select "Ad. Whammy". Settings I use are:
Start- -24
Stop - +24
Control - 100%
Low cut - 20 Hz
High cut - 9999
Pitch Track - On
Track Adjust - 6.17
Mix - 17.4%

If you listen to the isolated track on Youtube the effect is really prominent. Play around with the " mix" level" to get it sounding right to your ears.

This is almost too dumb to mention, but also make sure you are playing loud enough not to hear the unamplified sound of your guitar. At low volume, it sounds crappy because the ambient notes clash with the shifted amplified notes. I thought the effect didn't work very well until I realized I was also hearing the unshifted notes.

Select Pitch Block first in chain, select "Ad. Whammy". Settings I use are:
Start- -24
Stop - +24

Listening to the isolated tracks now. Are you sure this is 24? I don't hear the -24. I hear it more as -12 and +12 for the solo with mix 40% or so. And for the intro melody +12 and +19 (this is softer).

Listening to the isolated tracks now. Are you sure this is 24? I don't hear the -24. I hear it more as -12 and +12 for the solo with mix 40% or so. And for the intro melody +12 and +19 (this is softer).
Could be different, I'm using these stings and they sound really close to my ears.

Interesting, someone else just posted such a request . . I believe its just all harmonized 1 octave above. My setting sounds great.
Here was my response to that previous post:

cbrgne - just today I happened to go at an old preset I have for that Bon Jovi song intro lead. . . I did this:
Pitch Block settings:
Effect Type: Fixed Harmony

Voice 1 Shift: 12 ( which is 1 octave/12 semi tones above, as called for )

Mix: 89.8 %
. . . all other settings not touched, standard defaults if you will.

I have the Pitch block 2nd in the signal chain (2nd from the left)....1st spot is Compressor, w/ standard defaults.

Please let me know how this works for you...should be real simple.

Interesting, someone else just posted such a request . . I believe its just all harmonized 1 octave above. My setting sounds great.
Here was my response to that previous post:

cbrgne - just today I happened to go at an old preset I have for that Bon Jovi song intro lead. . . I did this:
Pitch Block settings:
Effect Type: Fixed Harmony

Voice 1 Shift: 12 ( which is 1 octave/12 semi tones above, as called for )

Mix: 89.8 %
. . . all other settings not touched, standard defaults if you will.

I have the Pitch block 2nd in the signal chain (2nd from the left)....1st spot is Compressor, w/ standard defaults.

Please let me know how this works for you...should be real simple.

Yep, this is similar to what I used to use with my Standard. Sounded good.

Back
Top Bottom