Pitch Shift?

Nagi Mysore

Inspired
Any inputs are welcome.

I am trying to play one note and get another note repeated at the same or higher volume than my played note. However I want that duplicate note at an octave higher.

The effect should feel like two notes one octave apart, though I play only one note

How would I set this up and is that the pitch shifter block? Tried playing a bit and didn't get anywhere.

Secondly how would I control the volume of the second note that axe generates?

I hope I am making sense

Thanks

NM

You could try Pitch Shift block with Effect set to "Fixed Harm" and Voice1 shift set to 12 with Voice1 level at 100%.

Getting the generated note to a higher volume correctly may require some fiddling with the Mix Level control on the Pitch block. Since a loud generated note might sound a bit unnatural, you might try it the other way around where you play the louder higher octave note and generate the lower softer level note with the pitch block. Good luck1

Repeated note as in a delay? Or simultaneously with the played note?

Pitch block in Fixed Harmony mode will do the trick. Voice 1 shift should be 12 and Level should be 100 - block mix around 50% to start, turn it down for more of the played note, up for more of the octave note. Turn the level of Voice 2 all the way down.

neither.

voice 1 is the first pitch shifted voice available in the block.

voice 2 is a 2nd voice available to shift for 2 separate notes, i.e. voice 1 octave up, voice 2 octave down - in ADDITION to the note you are playing. the block's Mix parameter lets you set how much of the original note (the note you are playing) is heard. 100% mix means only the shifted notes, no dry signal.

It's in the block. Octaves up/down. I just dialed in a simple 1 octave lower PF on an ambient background take. Was very intuitive and easy to dial in. Just take a moment to really look at the controls - I don't have it in front of me, but I recall it was quite painless.

Simultaneous. Would voice 2 be the original or voice one be the original that I play...I assume one...is that right?
voice two could be a second interval. you only want one note shifted, right ? so turn the volume on voice two down. set volume for voice 1 to 100 percent and use Mix for the block to set the overall mix between original and shifted.

Sorry it looks like from the settings screen, what I play is the master and there are two additional voices that are generated at a shift of whatever setting say 12 I suppose for one octave?. I understand the concept. In practice I have two points:

1. How to make sure that the voice 1 and voice 2 are at a higher volume....than what I play the master note at....
2. As a test please see if you can play the note E on 3rd string 9th fret simultaneously with the same note on the 12th fret 1st string and then use the pitch shifter to achieve the same effect playing one the first note...

I think they dont sound exactly the same. Its possible that in playing I could inadvertently be playing with a small delay that the machine plays to perfection with delay set to none any other explanation??

they won't sound the same because the pitch shifted note is processed. you'll never get a 1:1 sounding pitch shifted note compared to a non processed note. nature of the beast. volume leveling is done with Mix.

You really want Voice 2 volume set to 0% (as mentioned above) because at the default setting (pitch 1, level 100%), it is merely duplicating your original played note, and typically doesn't sound good.

Back
Top Bottom