Pitch Learn mfc 1

mousey

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with setting this up and not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is still a bug.
The pitch learn works when I access it via axe edit but I'm trying to get it to work with e.g. IAswitch 10 on my MFC.
What I'm doing is assigning EXT 10 to the pitch learn button. In the MFC, I scroll through edit midi and then select :None" for IA switch 10. Scroll to next page and scroll to IA10 c1, I set the CC# to 025 and press exit.

When viewing Axe Edit, the learn button does change to "On" when I press the IA switch, but when I play a note on the guitar, nothing happens. (viewing the learn in the axe fx display, the learn does not engage)
When I cancel the ext controller assignment to the switch and toggle the Learn button in Axe Edit with my mouse, the learn mode works and changes to whatever note I played and functions as expected.

I've tried assigning an external switch instead of the IA switch but the results were the same.

Any help will be appreciated.

The things you described do happen, but the learn function should still work. The "key" parameter on front panel will change as new notes are learned.

It's normal that front panel values don't change based on modifier use. It would be convenient if Axe-Edit updated "key" but now it only tracks movement of parameters with modifiers ("learn" here, not "key"). If needed you can force AE to update displayed key with "refresh" command or pausing/unpausing.

Thanks Bakerman.
My problem is that the axe fx is not detecting a note entry and thus not changing any key at all. I don't mind if axe edit does not update or show visually what is happening with the changing functions.

Which Axe firmware version are you running? There was a recent bug with the learn parameter, but it would work properly once the pitch block edit menu was displayed, so I'm not sure if that's relevant. It's working normally here with Quantum 9.02.

Could you record/post a video of the front panel showing the learn modifier menu, then the pitch edit menu with KEY parameter visible, each while activating the learn function and playing a few notes?

Sorry for not giving additional info. I'm running the latest firmware 9.02 and axe edit. OS sierra.

I'm aware of previous firmware problems hence why I have not posted prior to 9.02

Latest firmware and latest axe edit. I'll do a vid when I get back to my studio in a few hours. Thanks.

here it is Bakerman

I am pressing the external switch after I have assigned it. As you can see, the functions work apart from detecting the guitar input.
Let me know what other info I should include.

It says video unavailable--it's set to private maybe?

It might be good to post the preset too. Also possibly relevant: what input is your guitar connected to, and what's "Input 1 Mode" in the I/O menu? Is pitch source (in pitch block) set to global or local?

spot on, It's been changed to public now. This problem runs on all of my presets with the pitch block, let me know if the video is viewable thanks as that should hopefully make my problem clearer.
Pitch source set to global. GTR Input going into the front panel input, set to Instrument in.
V2 preset has the external control assigned to the pitch learn function. Use scene 8 or 7.

Attachments

• Clean Lead G1-8.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Clean Lead G1-8 v2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
The video is expected behavior for the way Axe-Edit currently works.

What I wanted to see was the Axe-FX front panel display, showing the pitch block edit menu's "key" parameter. Does the note displayed there change while using the learn function?

Hi Bakerman.
Ok after testing I can confirm that the key does change using the external switch. A few findings to take into account:
As you have mentioned, axe edit does not show the new key. Axe edit does however show that the learn function engages. (Just no updated key)

The axe fx front panel on the other hand does show the new key that is played, but the learn key does not engage or change when the external switch is activating the learn button. Hence my confusion and assumptions of the so called malfunction.

I can live with this visual inconsistency, my fault was that I was allowing my vision to dictate what was perceived and not testing by playing with the new key regardless of the visual feedback or lack of.

Many thanks Bakerman as your responses were prompting me to investigate further until I (we) struck gold. Very happy again.

Back
Top Bottom