Pitch Detune Delay

Sruli

Inspired
I am using the Pitch Detune instead of a chorus but when i play single not lines or like a muted rhythm picking pattern there is a noticeable delay. Kind of almost sounds like a slapback delay. I have the delays in the block set to 0. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Because it reads the pitch of the note you are playing in order to determine the output, so it has to delay the output. At least I know the intelligent shifter does this.. I'm assuming the whole block acts the same but maybe someone else can confirm this.

Because it reads the pitch of the note you are playing in order to determine the output, so it has to delay the output. At least I know the intelligent shifter does this.. I'm assuming the whole block acts the same but maybe someone else can confirm this.
If someone else can confirm this and knows if there is a way to remove or at least minimize it that would be really helpful.

There was a post about someone using the pitch shifter to simulate down tuning a guitar. They ran a parallel line without the pitch shifter and squashed everything except the pick attack with a compressor. This helps disguise the latency. Depending on how motivated you are it might be looking into.

There was a post about someone using the pitch shifter to simulate down tuning a guitar. They ran a parallel line without the pitch shifter and squashed everything except the pick attack with a compressor. This helps disguise the latency. Depending on how motivated you are it might be looking into.
Thanks for the idea! I might have to try that. Does anyone have any other suggestions without using an additional block?

If you set the Pitch block to 100% mix as a test, do you feel latency compared to when you strike the string?

If you set the Pitch block to 100% mix as a test, do you feel latency compared to when you strike the string?
on my Axe-FX II my clean fx chain was a pitch block 100% with both up and down detunes, was working great, never feel any notable latency.
now on the AX8 i had to take it out of the chain due to latency problems, it feel late, between 10-15 ms

Not really. It just seems to kind echo back really quickly. Like a slap back kind of sound.
be sure that you can't hear the guitar itself, the sound coming from the actual physical strings. this is always an issue when using pitch effects because when our speakers are quiet enough, we hear the guitar itself and think that's the sound coming from our effects. so we might set the mix to 100% and detune the entire sound in the Axe, but you'd still hear the guitar itself and think "why is the real pitch still there"? happens to everyone.

be sure that you can't hear the guitar itself, the sound coming from the actual physical strings. this is always an issue when using pitch effects because when our speakers are quiet enough, we hear the guitar itself and think that's the sound coming from our effects. so we might set the mix to 100% and detune the entire sound in the Axe, but you'd still hear the guitar itself and think "why is the real pitch still there"? happens to everyone.
Just tried again with headphones and really loud so I wouldn't hear the acoustic sound. Same result.

Back
Top Bottom