pitch block

This video shows how to attach the Pitch Follower in the Pitch block. For your use case, don't reverse the 'Min' and 'Max' parameters.

Thanks @JoKeR III I watch it several times and guess I wrote this part off of the video because it was in reference to an octave lower. But I guess I see how it would work. Would never have thought of using the input gain to achieve it. I will need to research how the attack and release play a part in the process of making it as @2112 says "smoother" thanks again

Although I am ok with how mine is working currently, I thought I would ask you about your process. My bypass is set to thru, how does this affect the block? Why did you set your Min and Max in opposite directions? What does the update rate do and Why do you have it set to medium? And finally why did you set the damping to linear? Or I guess I need to learn what Damping does. Thanks or your time @Bakerman
Thru bypass is fine, and allows adjusting block Level if you need to balance the volume with pitch on vs. off.

Min/Max are swapped because the default makes low values engage the block. (The opposite should have been the default IMO, as with bypass modifiers on previous FAS generations: Dot in top half of graph = block engaged.)

Update rate probably doesn't matter much here, but in theory makes the modifier respond slightly earlier to changes in the source value on average.

Linear damping was mainly out of habit because exponential invariably sounds terrible IMO when you can actually notice the effect of damping. If attack & release were increased somewhat from the default 10.1 ms, linear probably makes sense because it puts an actual speed limit on the dot's movement, and would make some brief low noise or pick chirp less likely to cause unwanted toggling while still maintaining fast enough response during normal playing and moving between chords and this upper lead/harmony pitch area.

Thru bypass is fine, and allows adjusting block Level if you need to balance the volume with pitch on vs. off.

Min/Max are swapped because the default makes low values engage the block. (The opposite should have been the default IMO, as with bypass modifiers on previous FAS generations: Dot in top half of graph = block engaged.)

Update rate probably doesn't matter much here, but in theory makes the modifier respond slightly earlier to changes in the source value on average.

Linear damping was mainly out of habit because exponential invariably sounds terrible IMO when you can actually notice the effect of damping. If attack & release were increased somewhat from the default 10.1 ms, linear probably makes sense because it puts an actual speed limit on the dot's movement, and would make some brief low noise or pick chirp less likely to cause unwanted toggling while still maintaining fast enough response during normal playing and moving between chords and this upper lead/harmony pitch area.
Wow, that was a mouthful. I will take some time to absorb. Thanks for your time

So I A/B'd @Bakerman vs mine and I honestly cant tell them apart, except for maybe in my head lol. It's amazing how great these units are. It's why I've bought at LEAST one of everything over the years lol. There is literally nothing they cant do🤘🏼

Can I suggest you have a look at this @rnjscooter ?
@Moke supplied me one of my all time fave presets.
The preset allows you to play chords and then go into single note harmonies beautifully. Even if you are not a Thin Lizzy fan you can dissect the modifiers (or whatever they are called) to see how Moke creates 3 part harmonies.

Anyway, rather than me babble on, here is the link. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Can I suggest you have a look at this @rnjscooter ?
@Moke supplied me one of my all time fave presets.
The preset allows you to play chords and then go into single note harmonies beautifully. Even if you are not a Thin Lizzy fan you can dissect the modifiers (or whatever they are called) to see how Moke creates 3 part harmonies.

Anyway, rather than me babble on, here is the link. Enjoy.

Ya Moke ad I talked a little. Mine is working fine and it mutes when playing chords as well, although I couldn't tell you why lol. Its all good!

Ya Moke ad I talked a little. Mine is working fine and it mutes when playing chords as well, although I couldn't tell you why lol. Its all good!
funny. i sent him a question after buying his Boys Are Back in Town preset. wanted to know the same thing. never got a response but would still love to know.

funny. i sent him a question after buying his Boys Are Back in Town preset. wanted to know the same thing. never got a response but would still love to know.
I dont think we Dm'd. Just talked thru this thread. I am happy w my set up. Happy to answer any of your Qs should you have 1

I try to answer all messages. Not sure how I missed yours? Sincerely sorry about that. How did you message me?

no worries! figured you were just busy. i believe i did it through this website, but i could be mistaken. it was months ago.

...just checked here. dont see it. perhaps it was via email after buying a few presets?? not sure now. but def enjoying the ones ive tried so far.

im in a bit of computer HELL right now. my drive kept blue screening trying to do the latest fm9 update....then the drive failed in the process of trying to update to Win10. never seen soooo many roadblocks. waiting for a new drive to arrive. luckily, almost all my docs were backed up. been a miserable 24hrs.

Back
Top Bottom