pitch block

rnjscooter

Power User
Evening everyone. I swore I saw a thread where someone had a video of using their pitch block in a way that when the played low chords there was no harmony and when the went above a certain pitch it kicked the harmony in. I dont know if it was the Axe3 thread or M9 thread or......

Was I dreaming or does it exist?

Thanks in advance

You can apply the Pitch Follower to the Mix or possibly another control so that the Pitch shift is only applied to higher frequencies.

Leon Todd has a couple of videos on using the Pitch Follower to engage effects as well as adjusting different parameters.

Evening everyone. I swore I saw a thread where someone had a video of using their pitch block in a way that when the played low chords there was no harmony and when the went above a certain pitch it kicked the harmony in. I dont know if it was the Axe3 thread or M9 thread or......

Was I dreaming or does it exist?

Thanks in advance
Not sure if it was one of my demo videos, but I employ this function in a few presets.

I gave it my best shot, and I am youtubed out. I must have been dreaming. I swear I was watching someone play a harmony, then play power chords that had no harmony because of the way the pitch follower was set up. He was going back and forth between chords no harmony and riffs with harmony. Just have been a dream, Oh well..........

What did you try? It's totally possible and I seem to also recall a video that demonstrated it.

The Pitch Follower is the key, as mentioned above.

Post a preset where you want this behavior and I will give a shot at adding a basic version of what you are after when I get some free time.

Ya I know the pitch follower is key, and I watched every @2112 I could find as well as others, and I cant for the life of me find what I swore I saw. I will try it on the Mix as you @unix-guy mentioned last week I think, but the level has been changed to start with to accommodate for the loss of output when adding mix so I think that is going to create an issue with volume level. I am currently trying it with the level controls of each voice, but I really dont know what I am doing. I'm a visual learner unfortunately.

Well the level control isn't working. I think with the follower, it's gradual and I don't know how to set it up as more on or off at a certain pitch unfortunately

Well the level control isn't working. I think with the follower, it's gradual and I don't know how to set it up as more on or off at a certain pitch unfortunately
Use a modifier on the pitch Bypass control. Try starting with these settings (note min/max are swapped from default) and adjust Offset to move the engage/bypass point to a higher or lower pitch.

pitchbypassmod.png

This video shows how to attach the Pitch Follower in the Pitch block. For your use case, don't reverse the 'Min' and 'Max' parameters.

@Bakerman I will try and find what you are talking about shortly. @JoKeR III I watch that video multiple times and couldn't find it but will look again. In the meantime, I have no clue what I am doing but I came up with this. It's works, but am open to other options as I learn what the heck I am doing lol. For my preset, scene 4 is the Harmony. NOTE: I am tuned down a half step and have it in A Aeolian minor. Originally I had it in Ab thinking well I am down a half step..... but it knows I am down a half step as I set up my tuner that way and Ab wasn't working and therefore driving me crazy. Not sure how it will work with your tuning. Basically when I play chords it's off and single notes pentatonic below A at the 7th fret it is off as well. As soon as I hit the C on the 5th fret of the 3rd string it kicks in immediately which is where my harmony starts. And I need to go between chords and harmonies so it is working. Let me know what you think everyone.Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 4.29.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-06 at 4.37.04 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-06 at 4.38.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Pitch Follower Harmony.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Use a modifier on the pitch Bypass control. Try starting with these settings (note min/max are swapped from default) and adjust Offset to move the engage/bypass point to a higher or lower pitch.

View attachment 139974
Although I am ok with how mine is working currently, I thought I would ask you about your process. My bypass is set to thru, how does this affect the block? Why did you set your Min and Max in opposite directions? What does the update rate do and Why do you have it set to medium? And finally why did you set the damping to linear? Or I guess I need to learn what Damping does. Thanks or your time @Bakerman

Back
Top Bottom