Pitch Block Woes

Nihilism

Do any of you have any tips and tricks to getting the most out of the pitch block? I've struggled with it doing something as simple as a a fixed fifth up and it just doesn't sound quite as smooth and natural as my Digitech Whammy V.

I've tried the pitch block in front of the amp and after the amp (before cab) and still get undesirable results. After the cab block seemed a bit phasey and I couldn't wrap my head around why. I'd really hate to lug the Whammy pedal to upcoming shows.

i've struggled with this for a while, i finally got it set to where IMO sounds about 70% close to my old Wammy... i've been lazy lately and have not messed with it for a while.. im thinking that if i keep messing with it, i can get it to sound better. at the moment i forget which settting i messed with.. i'll check and let you know later tomorrow

sorry for the delay, but after reading your comment again, it sounds like you already have it sounding close.. maybe this will help.
i have my pitch block before the amp and the effect type is FIXED HARM, and my parameters are VOICE1 SHIFT and VOICE1 DETONE, you would select your harmony on voice1 shift (in your case 5th harm) and then match it on voice1 detune but negative, in your case -5th harm. then i played with my mix and my level, in my case, my mix ended up at 21% and my level at 14.3db. i've attached a screenshot of what it looks like, except i have 7th harm selected.
hope this helps whammy.JPG whammy.JPG

would be rad to get an update for the pitch block...this was posted 3 years ago regarding the formant feature the Kemper offers. I think it is totally doable, but unfortunately hasn't been a priority.

When it finally comes, hopefully in the next release, it will make many people happy. That's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom