Not a Bug Pitch block note freakout

cataclysm

Inspired
has anyone noticed that often randomly the stored pitch settings in blocks and presets will randomly change? a couple of times i have noticed that pitch blocks set to a certain note/key are all out of whack when i engage a preset with any pitch shift mods on.

I turn the unit off and on again and they correct themselves..

it happens to effects that contain both pitch blocks and ring mods - anything that utilises note or frequency shifting.

strange!

This is still an ongoing problem, and i have also noticed that some of my patches with a pitch block take a second or two before the correct pitch is found. So for the first couple of seconds it sounds awful and out of tune.

any help?

I've never seen the saved settings randomly change?

The intelligent harmony mode requires cleanly played, single notes to work properly. It's placement in the grid and it's settings are also important to it's success. High CPU% makes it more unstable also.

Any chance of an audio clip? or posting the preset so we can see if something isn't setup just right?

Sorry for delay, preset with same problem. And another problem in this preset - in scene 2 if you will push expression pedal delay effect will be mixed to main sound. I cant understand why. If you have no this problem with my preset I can send video.

Attachments

• Cobra Volume CLub Pitc.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Okay, I took a look at the preset. You have your expression pedal (External 1) connected to run the 'Control' parameter of the Whammy model in the pitch block 'X'. And it is set to Auto Engage. But.... the Pitch block is on the 'Y' state in all scenes? Since the X and Y states share modifiers, the Y state is still turning the Pitch block on and off when you use the expression pedal because of the 'Auto Engage'function. The Y state is set to the 'Crystals' model with the pitch settings all at '0', effectively making it just a Delay affect in front of a distorted amp model?

Also, the Delay and Reverb (X and Y) bypass states were all set to 'Thru'. This will cut off any Delay/Reverb trails.

The Cab block (X and Y) is using several 'User' IRs, that are not in my unit? So, I am unable to comment/help as far as the tone is concerned.

1. Changed the Pitch block to the X state in all scenes.
  2. Set the 'Control' parameter to '0' and turned the 'PC Reset' to 'On' so that the Pitch/Whammy will default to 'bypassed' when the preset is 1st loaded. Or if you do not have your expression pedal connected.
  3. Set the Delay and Reverb bypass types to 'Mute Fx In' to preserve the trails when they are turned on and off or switched between X and Y states, manually or via scenes.

Moke

Attachments

• CobraVolClubPitc(Moke).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Okay, I took a look at the preset. You have your expression pedal (External 1) connected to run the 'Control' parameter of the Whammy model in the pitch block 'X'. And it is set to Auto Engage. But.... the Pitch block is on the 'Y' state in all scenes? Since the X and Y states share modifiers, the Y state is still turning the Pitch block on and off when you use the expression pedal because of the 'Auto Engage'function. The Y state is set to the 'Crystals' model with the pitch settings all at '0', effectively making it just a Delay affect in front of a distorted amp model?

Also, the Delay and Reverb (X and Y) bypass states were all set to 'Thru'. This will cut off any Delay/Reverb trails.

The Cab block (X and Y) is using several 'User' IRs, that are not in my unit? So, I am unable to comment/help as far as the tone is concerned.

1. Changed the Pitch block to the X state in all scenes.
  2. Set the 'Control' parameter to '0' and turned the 'PC Reset' to 'On' so that the Pitch/Whammy will default to 'bypassed' when the preset is 1st loaded. Or if you do not have your expression pedal connected.
  3. Set the Delay and Reverb bypass types to 'Mute Fx In' to preserve the trails when they are turned on and off or switched between X and Y states, manually or via scenes.

Moke
Just tested your preset - its not what i need.
I need in scenes 1,2,3,4 Pitch block OFF and in scenes 5,6,7,8 Pitch ON. That is why i made Y state in Pitch block (may be its not correct).

Just tested your preset - its not what i need.
I need in scenes 1,2,3,4 Pitch block OFF and in scenes 5,6,7,8 Pitch ON. That is why i made Y state in Pitch block (may be its not correct).
The 'Pitch' block is being turned 'on' and 'off' by your expression pedal. That will override the scenes. Just keep the expression pedal in the 'heel down' position and it will remain 'off' until you move the pedal.

The 'Pitch' block should be 'off' in all scenes? I turned PC Reset 'on' and set the 'Control' parameter in the 'Pitch' block to '0.00'. This will cause the preset to always load with the 'Pitch' block 'off' until you move the expression pedal.

If you want to use scenes to turn it 'on' and 'off', turn off 'Auto Engage'.

Last edited:
The 'Pitch' block is being turned 'on' and 'off' by your expression pedal. That will override the scenes. Just keep the expression pedal in the 'heel down' position and it will remain 'off' until you move the pedal.

The 'Pitch' block should be 'off' in all scenes? I turned PC Reset 'on' and set the 'Control' parameter in the 'Pitch' block to '0.00'. This will cause the preset to always load with the 'Pitch' block 'off' until you move the expression pedal.

If you want to use scenes to turn it 'on' and 'off', turn off 'Auto Engage'.

Many thanks MOKE!!! Solution was very simple - turn off 'Auto Engage'

Back
Top Bottom