Picked up QSC 12.2 for the fractal 3

Terref69

Although they are crystal clear and a really good monitor I can only turn them on one because it's so damn loud I'm practicing in a smaller room I may have to go back in and get the 10 in or the 8in any ideas out there the output level is only two bars up and should be half for proper output...

Hi terref69,
Have you considered just turning down the output of the axe fx iii? If it bothers you that's an answer - another option is to check the output settings as they may be set to +4. If so you could set the output to -10db which would give you a lot more 'travel' on the qsc volume control.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi terref69,
Have you considered just turning down the output of the axe fx iii? If it bothers you that's an answer - another option is to check the output settings as they may be set to +4. If so you could set the output to -10db which would give you a lot more 'travel' on the qsc volume control.
Thanks
Pauly
Thanks that did it thank you very much you guys are great I am very new at this

I recommended the following product to Dweezil for use with his very loud QSCs. It's a stereo passive attenuator. Works great. It's so transparent I actually use one as a convenient master volume for my studio mains!

http://www.adesignsaudio.com/atty-stereo-attenuator
Based on M@'s recommendation I got one too, years ago. Indeed very transparent and very handy to have around, even though not cheap.
Just wondering, in what case would you use this product instead of just adjusting the output knobs on the Axe-Fx III? When someone has to access it remotely? Any other case?

Yes, for remote access when the unit or the wedges are behind you. The ATTY also has a convenient PUSH TO KILL switch.

Back
Top Bottom