Picked Up Another Modeler While Waiting

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Sorry if this is off topic...

I tried a Line 6 HX Stomp. I thought it would hold me over until I got my hands on an FM3, but I just wasn’t connecting with it. I sold it the very next day.

So I decided to try something else. I guess you could say it’s ok. 😂

163BFC65-766D-431D-82E5-B49864C6A4A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, now I’m itching for an FC-6. I’ll probably still stick with the three switches on the FM3 and just keep this for my studio.

Coming from an AX8, this thing is ridiculously good. Sounds unbelievable.
you notice a difference sound-wise from AX8 to FM3?

you notice a difference sound-wise from AX8 to FM3?

I haven’t received an FM3 yet. I picked up an Axe-FX III to use while I wait fir the FM3. But if the FM3 is anything like the Axe-FX III, it’s a huge improvement over the AX8. It’s hard to explain, but the modeling just sounds even more realistic. And the feel. Damn does it feel good to play through.

Last edited:
I haven’t received an FM3 yet. I picked up an Axe-FX III to use while I wait fir the FM3. But if the FM3 is anything like the Axe-FX III, it’s a huge improvement over the AX8. It’s hard to explain, but the modeling just sounds even more realistic. And the feel. damn does it feel good to play through.
ah - cool. I'm thinking of picking one up, just not sure the 3-switch thing will work for me, and getting an extension FC-6 would make it a bigger footprint than the AX8 which is perfect size for airplane carry-on. I'm interested to see how the 3-switches can be used

Yeah, now I’m itching for an FC-6. I’ll probably still stick with the three switches on the FM3 and just keep this for my studio.

Coming from an AX8, this thing is ridiculously good. Sounds unbelievable.
Its amazing what you can do with 3 switches on Fractal products. You can also pick up a Roland FS7 fairly inexpensively to add additional switches.

Its amazing what you can do with 3 switches on Fractal products. You can also pick up a Roland FS7 fairly inexpensively to add additional switches.

I learn better hands-on, so it took a while for me to understand how to utilize the three switch setup. Once I was able to wrap my head around how to utilize them, it all just clicked. I don’t really need more than the three, but it's always nice to have options.

I just did the same thing.. my III will get here on Wednesday ;)

You're gonna love the III. It's absolutely amazing. The only reason I'm getting the FM3 is that I'm tired of carting around my rack for every gig. That stuff is getting old and I'm too old to keep it up. Looking forward to giving the III a permanent home in the man cave.

Great choice. Having a III makes the wait much easier.

Yeah, I’m absolutely blown away by this thing. If it weren’t for the portability, I’d probably just pass on the FM3 when my invite comes up

I just did the same thing.. my III will get here on Wednesday ;)

Be prepared to be blown away. Even my most complex patches, which are more than I’d typically use during a gig, are only hitting 40-50% CPU usage. I think the FM3 will be just fine for my needs. The Axe-FX III will probably remain as a studio workhorse

You're gonna love the III. It's absolutely amazing. The only reason I'm getting the FM3 is that I'm tired of carting around my rack for every gig. That stuff is getting old and I'm too old to keep it up. Looking forward to giving the III a permanent home in the man cave.

Same here. I want my rig to be as portable as possible. I’ll literally be able to load in my guitars and entire rig, including my cabinet, in one trip.

+1. I have had the AXE3 since it first came out. Best gear purchase i have made since the AX8. It is currently sitting it in a 6 space rack which is quite heavy though. I also have an FC6 in a floorboard along with a few other things I use for gigs. The plan is to replace the FC6 with the FM3 and then retire the AXE3 to the studio. This will greatly reduce what I have to bring to the gigs.

A lot of people question what you can do with only 3 switches. I pretty much only use the bottom 3 switches on the FC6. I also have 2 Roland FS7 switches if I need more.

I wish I could just bite on the AxeFX 3 but the exchange rate from US to CND $ sucks. I got on the FM3 waitlist the first day but not until around 11pm EST. I imagine I’ll get an invite sometime between April and June. In the meantime I got the Strymon Iridium. It’s really good! Still getting the FM3 but this thing will help with the wait :)

Back
Top Bottom