Pick attack?

there are no phase issues if you compensate for them
How do you do that? I tried to use two drive blocks in a parallel path, Delay with 100% mix, etc. - nothing worked for me, the phase is still there as AMP block adds unknown amount of ms to the signal. Not every amp and sound have it prominent, but you can hear it anyway.
I tried to calculate it but the numbers while correct didn't work. For example, this is how I tried to send a second path to CAB 2R when amp was routed to CAB 1L using the Align feature - didn't work for me.
1724272347014.png

I don't use the Cab Block
I guess "totally flat" IR which is included in factory IRs can be used anyway, for example to use Preamp and Align pages.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to properly calculate and align two paths.

Maybe the topic title is wrong. I ask this question over and over again.
Are there any ways to enhance the sound of a pick touching the strings?
We hear scratches like he's playing with a big and fat steel nail.
Like this:

I've tried picks of different thicknesses. I tried using a steel pick. But there was no such sound with them.

use a coin with a knarled edge.

How do you do that? I tried to use two drive blocks in a parallel path, Delay with 100% mix, etc. - nothing worked for me, the phase is still there as AMP block adds unknown amount of ms to the signal. Not every amp and sound have it prominent, but you can hear it anyway.
I tried to calculate it but the numbers while correct didn't work. For example, this is how I tried to send a second path to CAB 2R when amp was routed to CAB 1L using the Align feature - didn't work for me.
View attachment 144183

I guess "totally flat" IR which is included in factory IRs can be used anyway, for example to use Preamp and Align pages.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to properly calculate and align two paths.

I use the flanger block, 100% wet and 0% modulation for compensation (0 to 10ms out to two decimal places). The studio compressor's look-ahead function can do it as well.

See here...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...tency-measurements-surprising-results.165025/

Note that currently the baseline for both FM3 I/O pairs is 1.7ms for each pair of converters (AD/DA), Cliff states so later in that thread.

Worst case measure with a DAW etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom