Pick Attack functional on all amps?

Mr.X

Experienced
Does the pick attack parameter work on all amps? On the AC30TB I've tried winding it all the way up and all the way down and cannot hear any difference.
Just thinking that maybe it's a parameter that only works on certain amps?

Did you tweak it from axe edit? I think it's an AE bug, if I tweak from there I hear no difference, but if I tweak it from the axe fx it does change. I posted it in the ae bugs a while back (together with the preamp tube and the missing dynamic damp parameter, but never got a reply) - and yes, I mostly use ac30 sim

Ok, good to know. Yes, I was using AE, but then tried it with tweaking on the Axe-FX, but I still had AE connected, however, I didn't try it as extensively as I did on AE. Maybe I'll try it without AE connected and see if that changes anything.
Thank you for your reply!

FW Quantum 2.01 beta
Pick attack works for me on the front panel and on via Axe-Edit. It's not an extreme difference and you may not hear it depending on your monitoring setup but it does work (good headphones are your best bet). Try via Axe-Edit and put the looper before the amp and record hi transient chords (I used a les paul). Then change the pick attack from -100 to +100. The strike of the chord will pop like it's about to clip on the attack while -100 softens it substantially (well once you hear it anyway). I did this on the preset 6 (Top Boost).

Back
Top Bottom