Phone only charges wirelessly

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Lately it won't charge anywhere except wirelessly. Not from either of two wall adaptors, my laptop, or in my car, all of which used to work. Different cables everywhere.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas, other than taking it to Verizon and asking for help (or replacing it, which I really don't want to do until I absolutely have to).

Could be lint in cable socket. Take a small brush (I use the one that came with my electric shaver - has stiff bristles) and try to scrape out any lint from in there that's blocking the connection.

Could be lint in cable socket. Take a small brush (I use the one that came with my electric shaver - has stiff bristles) and try to scrape out any lint from in there that's blocking the connection.
Or a toothpick. I've been amazed how often that solves the problem.

+1 for the toothpick. Had the same issue with an iPhone and it was debris in the charging port. Some good YouTube videos on how to do it without damaging the port

MM

I switched from a cheap Android Chinese outdoor phone to the latest greatest iPhone 12 Pro Max and am disappointed in almost all regards except the camera. Not even close to 6 times worth the price.

My old Galaxy S9 did the same thing. It was lint packed down into the port keeping the plug from seating all the way. The toothpick method mentioned above was the easy solution.

Everyone suggesting to scrape/clean out your charging port is on to something. I've had to clear out the port on 2 generations of phones, apple and Android. A nice bright light, a thin rigid implement, and 5 or so minutes likely will
Set you straight. Good luck and save a few hundred $$.

Back
Top Bottom