Phantom powering a Liquid Foot 12+ (WARNING)

Hi
I got the RMM900 7-Pin Miodi Cable regular ( 7 - 7)
Then I read this..
Firstly I understand I got the wrong cable for phantom power to GCP? Should I have bought 5-7.
Or does this thread say I shouldn`t be useing phantom power at all?

This thread is merely a cautionary tale about phantom powering through the 7-pin MIDI on the back of the AxeFXII, and that as long as the current requirements for the board(s) do not exceed 1 amp, you will probably be okay. If you are close to that limit and have a II, I would seriously consider some kind of adapter that lets your power supply interface directly to the 7-pin cable, rather than going through the AxeFXII.

probably is the key word... i have a jr, used same wiring and powersupply i had with my FX1 and Ultra for YEARS, removed ultra put in the II and poof that little thing on the board is roasted. I had to make a custom cable for my panel, and a breakout box if i want to just take my axe and pedalboard.

...and as mentioned before, Liquid Foot sells a breakout box for just this purpose: short 5-pin from the box to the AxeFX, power and 7-pin into the box, and voila!

...and as mentioned before, Liquid Foot sells a breakout box for just this purpose: short 5-pin from the box to the AxeFX, power and 7-pin into the box, and voila!

How does one procure such a device? I see no mention of it on the Liquid Foot website.

Back
Top Bottom