Phantom Power

The power requirements depend on the unit you need to supply power to. If you have a foot controller you want to supply phantom power to - connect a 7 pin midi cable to the axefx and to your foot controller. The controller should have been supplied with a power plug(most likely a wall wart)- plug the wall wart into your power supply and the back of the axefx where the connector says Phantom power.

Where can you buy correct replacements? I got one but the plug isn't the right size. I used a Line6 Adapter from a 1 Spot (which is supposed to be 2.5mm) and it's still not making a good enough contact. I fried 2 power supplies in the past month.

guitarman19853 said:
Where can you buy correct replacements? I got one but the plug isn't the right size. I used a Line6 Adapter from a 1 Spot (which is supposed to be 2.5mm) and it's still not making a good enough contact. I fried 2 power supplies in the past month.

Same problem here. I tried 3 different 2.5mm plugs with the exact same results.
I had to shim the plug so it would not jiggle out.
My .02 is the jack on my particular Axe is a hair out of spec ...

Well if that's the case I might just replace the the phantom power jack on the Axe with a better one. My Axe has no warranty anyways since I was dumb and bought it used :?

My last power supply got so hot it melted the plastic casing. It was probably not too far from catching fire when I caught it and turned it off.

Hmm... it appears that the 2.5mm power jack is a Switchcraft locking jack.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Swi ... 7b0UiWs%3d

Maybe if I get the plug and solder it on to my power supply?

I was working on it this afternoon and it seems when ever the sleeve of the plug comes in contact with the outside wall of the jack, the display on the controller goes dim and is shorting somehow. Which makes no sense because the outside wall of the jack is metal. Apparently the contact must only touch.

I did fix one issue and make it hold better by spreading out the center post.

I've tried every 2.5mm adapter I own and nothing fits well so it must be the jack.

I might try to contact support about this before I replace the phantom jack on my Axe.

Back
Top Bottom