"Petrucci Rig" Factory Preset Update JPIIC+ and MIMIQ

On the topic of bass you can sculpt a lot of that in the amp blocks speaker page EQ settings. These settings get close to what the actual JP-2C amp's Cabclone DI sounds like on the closed back setting. Super handy tool in any amp model.

IMG_3962.jpeg

I can't recommend maxing out the mids if your goal is to stay in JP territory, but otherwise this is dead on. MK series amps are amazing and unique beasts.

Sure, also it depends on the actual amp and the guitar. I remember JP setting the Triaxis mid control in the LD2 modes very hight back in the days (about 8.0 or more), with a mid scooped PU like the Steve Special. Cranking the mids, dialing back the bass and adjusting treble is in my opinion a good starting point for a tight Mark amp sound. For me, the key to the flexibility of these amps is the combination of pre- and post-gain-tone control. Can't understand, why only few other amps have this...

Sure, also it depends on the actual amp and the guitar. I remember JP setting the Triaxis mid control in the LD2 modes very hight back in the days (about 8.0 or more), with a mid scooped PU like the Steve Special. Cranking the mids, dialing back the bass and adjusting treble is in my opinion a good starting point for a tight Mark amp sound. For me, the key to the flexibility of these amps is the combination of pre- and post-gain-tone control. Can't understand, why only few other amps have this...

Absolutely. I dialed this with a 2020 Majesty.

The flanger is pretty spot on for Van Halen unchained. I remember an interview where Petrucci mentioned wanting that flanger sound. The rest of the sounds are just fantastic.

This was requested in a wish list post, cross posting it here for fans of the original preset I did in the unit.

FW 12.14, with the JPIIC+ and new MIMIQ pedal sim.

Enjoy and crank it uppp :)

WELL done Cooper, sounds fantastic!

Any reason for using 2 sperate delay blocks? I noticed it’s the same delay (digital stereo) and the only difference is 600ms vs. 800ms, correct?
I might switch to a single block with A/B channel switching to free space for a Virtual Capo (although I could do that with send / return, but I prefer to keep it less complex).

What is IN3 for?

Thanks again for this. I love it!

Any reason for using 2 sperate delay blocks? I noticed it’s the same delay (digital stereo) and the only difference is 600ms vs. 800ms, correct?
I might switch to a single block with A/B channel switching to free space for a Virtual Capo (although I could do that with send / return, but I prefer to keep it less complex).

What is IN3 for?

Two blocks for more natural decay when switching between them. Input 3 for piezo.

I tried this preset at band practice the other day. I used a high pass filter (120 Hz) to tame the low end a bit, and I found that I needed to the turn off the pitch effect when I played with the band. I also put in a high cut for the upper frequencies at about (7500 Hz). (Some have said to leave this alone for live gigs. What do you guys do?)

I was surprised at how well the lead preset worked when i was playing loudly with the band. I did add 1.5 db volume boost relative to the rhythm preset. Thanks Cooper! I had so much fun playing!

I noticed that there is a distortion pedal in this preset, although it wasn't engaged in the scenes. Does Petrucci use a boost in front of the amp? I tried it and it sounded great! I might need to add a noise gate with that on.

Has anyone else used the preset with a live band? What was your experience?

What is IN3 for?

If i'm not mistaken that's how John Petrucci has his set up with 2 delays but the delays has different ms's

What is IN3 for?

this explains 2 delays.

I tried this preset at band practice the other day. I used a high pass filter (120 Hz) to tame the low end a bit, and I found that I needed to the turn off the pitch effect when I played with the band. I also put in a high cut for the upper frequencies at about (7500 Hz). (Some have said to leave this alone for live gigs. What do you guys do?)

I was surprised at how well the lead preset worked when i was playing loudly with the band. I did add 1.5 db volume boost relative to the rhythm preset. Thanks Cooper! I had so much fun playing!

I noticed that there is a distortion pedal in this preset, although it wasn't engaged in the scenes. Does Petrucci use a boost in front of the amp? I tried it and it sounded great! I might need to add a noise gate with that on.

Has anyone else used the preset with a live band? What was your experience?

You can use the drive if you like in the absence of a Majesty/J15/etc. boost knob. I didn't do a direct mimic of that feature; I just put in a nice simple drive. It's fun to add a little more soaring/smoothing to big lead lines.

For those that wanted a Fm3 version of this preset. This Pitch thing is really cool.

Crossed over from the FM3 boards just to say thanks man! Sounds really huge! Can't wait to play with it more!

Hope anyone here in with both FxIII and FM3 tried and it?

Any tips for for adjusting the lead scene EQ for darker guitars? Should I use the graphic or pre- EQ? I play a PRS SE 7 string with Illuminator pickups. Love the preset so I don't want to mess it up with my tweaks.

Any tips for for adjusting the lead scene EQ for darker guitars? Should I use the graphic or pre- EQ? I play a PRS SE 7 string with Illuminator pickups. Love the preset so I don't want to mess it up with my tweaks.

I'd start in the amp's Output EQ. This is where I'd do it on the "real" thing. Small adjustments, here. A little goes a long way.

Back
Top Bottom