Petrucci Rhythm Sound

Addy

Hi Guys! Yeah, I know! I'm not the first one and not the last one trying to copy JPs sound. I've been trying forever butI think I'm closest I've ever been. Check it out!

Hope you'll like it. A link to a patch is in the description. Any tips, suggestions? Lemme know!

Oh, and by the way - I totally stole the idea of brightening the V30 Petrucci Mix cab with a 4x12 Cali from Vitor Mancinis presets. I played with hipass and lowpass filters though. Anyways, thanks Vitor for amazing presets. Helped me a lot tweaking my own sound!

Last edited:
Tried it but ran into a few issues. Cab is #1 1x6 Oval. GEQ, PEQ and Cab is muted, levels set to -80dB and most of the other knobs are turned all the way down...
Don't know what's going on. but it sounds nice in the video so maybe you should try to upload it again?

That's strange. Could global blocks be a problem? I unlinked all of them and reuploaded the patch. I hope there's no issues now.

Yeah, all's good now. Just had to unlock globals (they were still on) and bypass Vol/Pan. Now cabs are the right ones and the other blocks are also ok...
Sounds good!! Great job!

Cool, thanks! Glad it's working now! I'm gonna remember about unlinking global blocks before uploading anything! :)

Are you aware of the fact that the ENH-block doesn't do anything, as long as the CAB is placed after and configured like it is in your preset? But apart from that, it sounds pretty convincing with my JP12 7 string. Did you use a special backing track or just recorded over the original?

I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know. I was playing with the Enhancer, putting it in different places and just left it where it is now. I used isolated stems, so there's no original guitar track here.

Thanks, Clark. Obviously there's a lot of room for improvement. Of course I tried your Petrucci IR's and they're very nice (I actually use them in my other presets), but there's something about that V30 Petrucci Mix that I haven't found in any other IR. It's has that nice, warm tone. I find most of the other cabs too bright. But anyways, you're right, it probably needs more mids - maybe cutting this 2kHz area with PEQ wasn't the best idea? It sound tighter this way though. Thanks again! Waiting for your UltraRes IR's ;)

im stll getting the oval as the cab no sound, just downloaded from axe exchange 2x, im on 13.02

Back
Top Bottom