Peter Green sound

Lkdog

Power User
Any suggestions on an amp/cab settings to try to get in the ballpark for his late 60's tone?

I realize he had the '59 holy grail LP that had unique neck pickup thing going.

I do have a decent '60 LP historic that should get me most of way there.

Thx in advance.

Any suggestions on an amp/cab settings to try to get in the ballpark for his late 60's tone?

Thx in advance.

Guys are starting to use IRs of guitars and placing them 1st in the chain of patches. Something close to Greens guitar as an IR would go a long way here. Gary Moores tone was killer use Peters guitar.

Twin Reverb amp with a big, long and wet reverb, use both pick up on the LP and adjust their tones and individual volumes to taste - oh and unless you are incredibly gifted - hit the woodshed to practise tasteful bending, vibrato and phrasing :)

Thx in advance.

Nothing holy grail about his setup (other than his playing). Plenty of manufactures sell "Peter Green" wiring harnesses designed to get the out of phase tone from your LP.

Twin Reverb amp with a big, long and wet reverb, use both pick up on the LP and adjust their tones and individual volumes to taste - oh and unless you are incredibly gifted - hit the woodshed to practise tasteful bending, vibrato and phrasing :)

Thanks.
Was thinking some Fender cleans would be good place to start.

Nothing holy grail about his setup (other than his playing). Plenty of manufactures sell "Peter Green" wiring harnesses designed to get the out of phase tone from your LP.

Just regular old out of phase wiring will do it, if you have 4-conductors. Or, flip the magnet in the pickup if you don't.
Pay ZERO attention to any BS spouted by various pickup makers who say they know some secret that others don't. Plenty of BS out there. Wiring in reverse does the same thing as flipping the magnet. There is no difference.

Reactions: LVC
Back
Top Bottom