Pete Thorn

The man knows how to get a tone.... and use it. I watched the promo clip on the same page and seen that Ian Thornely performed . I'd like to see that one as well. Tanks for posting this.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

Love this guy. Mark Lettieri too. Both killer 21st Century Texas guitarists! :encouragement:

Pete has a great ear for tone and you can tell he really thinks how to create those tasty licks he pulls off, seemingly all the time.

Ill be completely honest here....i like his tone better in the studio, there is something missing in those 3 videos in his tone....

i wonder what signal path we are listening to in the videos?

That pedalboard looks like the one he demo'd on his youtube channel. And then going into his PT100. It's definitely some magnificent tone/playing that's for sure.

Edit: I do believe it's also the new Suhr 2x12. I spoke to John at namm and told him he needs to shoot some IRs of it :D

Great tones and playing. Really enjoyed it. Often when I here great guitar tones a lot of it has to do with being super loud in the mix. His guitar was louder than all the other instruments combined which really made it shine that much more. I notice that on country tunes with great guitar tone too. The guitar is cranked up in the mix.

Pete's one of the main reasons I have an AxeFx (as well as a Suhr and Port City OS 212). I've always loved his gear demos, and how he's always quoting classic riffs (it helps that we like a lot of the same players). Pete's one of the modern players that seems to have absorbed the important history of guitar playing and yet developed his own style out of it.

Back
Top Bottom