Pete Thorn

Yeah, thats how GAS works, once you reach a certain number - it just stops and you won't get excited about new stuff anymore :)

With the gear he has I'm sure it takes something pretty special to get him excited. I'm excited to get a new modeller but I don't have twenty $3000 guitars, 10 boutique amps, 50 pedals, a Kemper, an AxeFX, a Helix and tons of recording gear.;):D I could be wrong, maybe he'll fall in love with it and think it's the best piece of equipment he's tried in years. Who knows. Stranger things have happened.:eek:

Damn ...... I left my new AX8 at Pete's house ... knew I forgot something. I'd better nip round tomorrow and get it before people get the wrong idea.

With the gear he has I'm sure it takes something pretty special to get him excited. I'm excited to get a new modeller but I don't have twenty $3000 guitars, 10 boutique amps, 50 pedals, a Kemper, an AxeFX, a Helix and tons of recording gear.;):D I could be wrong, maybe he'll fall in love with it and think it's the best piece of equipment he's tried in years. Who knows. Stranger things have happened.:eek:

Excited to try has obviously nothing to do with the outcome - liking it, loving it, hating it, meh, ... I would assume Pete would always be excited to try a new piece of gear, same as any wine connoisseur would be excited to try a new Shiraz, or any car nut would be to try the new Porsche 911. It wouldn't matter how much gear, or wines or cars they had, the excitement would still be there. Every single time.

So .. Who's making the first three presets for Peter :p

Notice how flat and one-dimensional the tone gets near the end of the video, when he switches from the sound of the miked cab to a loadbox+IR configuration. This is, where I really think Fractal shines compared to all other modellers and IR loaders. Recently, @FractalAudio has made HUGE progress to include the speaker dynamics and distortion. To me, this video really demonstrates, how absolutely essential this progress is.

Notice how flat and one-dimensional the tone gets near the end of the video, when he switches from the sound of the miked cab to a loadbox+IR configuration. This is, where I really think Fractal shines compared to all other modellers and IR loaders. Recently, @FractalAudio has made HUGE progress to include the speaker dynamics and distortion. To me, this video really demonstrates, how absolutely essential this progress is.

When I watched the first part of the video, I used Pete's setting for his SL68 using the 1959SLP Bright model and a Greenback (Stock #60 from memory) and it was glorious :)

When I watched the first part of the video, I used Pete's setting for his SL68 using the 1959SLP Bright model and a Greenback (Stock #60 from memory) and it was glorious :)

I did the same based on your recommendation, it was good! I did change the cab to #59 though and that felt even more raw and powerful than #60. Although both together sounded awesome too! :D

Pete already had an Axe II doesn’t he ? If so, the ax8 is really just more of the same, or technically slightly less of the same.

Smoking deal right now on them, and I’m thinking of maybe getting one because of that reason alone, but having an axe II already I know exactly what the ax8 will sound like.

Same great fractal tones, easier to travel with form factor

Pete already had an Axe II doesn’t he ? If so, the ax8 is really just more of the same, or technically slightly less of the same.

Smoking deal right now on them, and I’m thinking of maybe getting one because of that reason alone, but having an axe II already I know exactly what the ax8 will sound like.

This would be a great point for Pete to hit on in a demo, after dialing up a few presets in the studio go do a live gig with it!

He does have an Axe-Fx but when I asked on FB if he'd tried the latest firmware he said he hadn't updated in some time so it'll be interesting to see what he makes of the whole package

I did the same and the sound was awesome. I'm generally terrible at dialing in amps on the AX8, as I get bogged down in the advanced settings but this was dead on. I built a patch from it and added scenes where I boosted with a Micro Amp and threw on a stereo tape delay and Leon Todd's cantrell wah settings. Glorious.

Back
Top Bottom